anti hoon laws

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 _dannylxss_

_dannylxss_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:32 PM

what do people think of these new laws and has any one from nsw or qld had any trouble with them

#2 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

I think it's fcuking bullsh!t ...

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

i agree the governments power has gone to its pea brained head again. this time aiming at us so called car hoons... honestly i am sick of this shit that happens, i know some cops are good but for every good cop theres another 5000 assholes. the sheparton spring nats is a prime example of mr plod showing how tough they are they are now getting the tough cops from melb to do unroadies etc. I heard rumor from a friend that any car that was out around the town after 5 pm was gonna be pulled up.

This all started from a drunken idiots behavior a few years back, for those who dont know he got killed while trying to crawl under a moving truck. but however i have heard of a story how they pulled up a new vy ss commodore ute gave an unroady saying it didnt have the right tyres on it so he decided stuff you lot im taken you to court! and he won as they were the original tyres!!!

cheers chevy

#4 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

I used to live in shep and i saw that guy get killed. Let me say this. Alcohol and adrenalin DONT mix. Wheteher its saturday night at a club, or saturday night racing the boys, alcohol and adrenalin dont mix. That kid did a stupid thing and he died. Pretty hard penalty to pay for a little stupidity. Lets face it, we have all done stupid things.And most of us have got away with it. The spring nats was out of control up til that accident. The residents including myself at the time didnt sleep for 3 days whilst it was on. Cops gotta do what they are told. It just goes to show you. A few f....en idiots ruin it for everyone and the rest of you have to pay for it. Its a shame but its life. My advice..DONY Hoon..and you dont have to worry. :spoton:

#5 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

This law is no differant to any other law in this country..

The law is there to be obeyed not broken.

If you dont steel you dont get charged with theft so If you dont hoon like a stupid idiot then this law wont affect you..

John

#6 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

^^^ thats not quite true
if you lock the wheels on your car trying not to hit a kid you can have your car towed away.
all it takes for you to have your car taken is a coppers word that you broke traction either accelerating or braking.
cheers tom

Edited by munro, 06 July 2006 - 12:15 AM.

#7 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:16 AM

^^^ thats not quite true
if you lock the wheels on your car trying not to hit a kid you can have your car towed away.
all it takes for you to have your car taken is a coppers word that you broke traction either accelerating or braking.
cheers tom

Well it all depends on what you were doing prior to locking up, if you locked up trying not to hit a kid just after you were being an idiot then you deserve to lose your car..

I dont see how a cop would take someones car of them for trying to not hit a kid that stepped out infront of a car passing by at the speed limmit, and if your speeding around a school or crossing then your being an idiot..

Try to tell me that the bloke who smashed thru that school yard and almost killed a bunch of kids deserve to not have his car taken off him.

Yes its a coppers WORD that is only needed but we have to be faithfull in our police force to do the right thing, if they chose not too theres always somthing that can be done about it..

John

#8 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:27 AM

Bring it on......predictable from me......
There were some p platers doing the normal stupid "lets see if we can go around this corner sideways and full throttle" outside my house in the the wet a few days ago, several attempts seeing them facing the wrong way or bouncing off the gutter. This time a call to the police saw them arrive in term to witness some of it.........dont know the outcome in terms of confiscation.......but anticipate it might modify the behaviour of at least the ones that endanger life and serenity in my location.
Some people might wrongly be accused? Perhaps drive like you are going for you license every time you get behind the wheel, or as though there is a police car behind you. Its amazing in traffic when cars stop going past me at +63kmh.......all the speeders talk about how their speedos are perhaps in error by at least 10%...........but when everyone notices a police car nobody has this problem?

Edited by devilsadvocate, 06 July 2006 - 01:32 AM.

#9 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:13 AM

Yeah.... funny innit? We've got (like most I spose) plenty of hoon s near us.
A lot of them are P platers and they fly past our place. Now I live in a fairly new area and evry single house in my street has kids, from new born to young teens. It's only a matter of time untill it's too late.
I can't see the introduction of these laws being any worse than any other law.... the coppers have gotta be everywhere at once to have an impact! Fairdinkum, as I've said for the last 19 yrs (since I've been on the road) Make a defensive driver course a compulsory part of getting a licence! It's amazing what you can learn, and it's amazing how easy it is to lose control.
Add small children to the mix and it's gunna get ugly.

Do the crime, do the time.
I reckon half the time the penalties are piss weak in this country.... cars are dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced.

Young, dumb and full of cum.
Isn't that the old saying?

#10 _G-Train_

_G-Train_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

but we have to be faithfull in our police force to do the right thing

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ~Takes Breath~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

#11 _wasted_youth_

_wasted_youth_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:36 AM

it should be anti coon laws

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

I have to say I totally agree with John and Devils.

Lets face it hooning has always been around and probably to a degree will not change. I can hear the youngsters all saying "listen to these old farts" and they are right but let me point out a subtle difference. There are many more hoons on the road these days than say in the 60's, this is a general statement due to population growth. The reason hooning is being jumped on so hard is because of the sheer numbers of dickhead hoons that are for ever prevalent on our streets and annoying people.
The more there are the more the attention they create, simple as that.
If you don't want your car taken from you resist the urge to be a dickhead on the streets, join a club - go drag racing, circuit racing, speedway, hillclimbs or whatever. The fact that you are a racer will impress your mates far more than being a dickhead on the streets. Think about it please.

You think these laws are tough, well I have news for you, they are going to get tougher.....

Cheers
Herne

#13 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

:o

#14 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

hahahaha!

anyway, this is my spin on things.
in bendigo the police are always complaining about the behavior of drunk people in the streets walking to clubs or leaving clubs. as soon as these new anti hoon laws came in the amount of drunk people walking around has nearly doubled. this is because everyone is too scared to drive their car around because of the chances of cops trying to pin something on them.

What cant you do when your driving?
Drink

What can you do when your not driving?
Drink

#15 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

Goodness ^ , the "we'll hold the community to ransom" logic, if you wont let us hoon around.....we'll just be drunk and disorderly(can be charged with that too), better let them do as the wish, perhaps even both?

#16 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:41 PM

Herne has a point theres alot more hoons on the streets today then in the past..

One things for sure is im no angel and have done plenty of hooning, but in all honesty i didnt hoon around the streets trying to be a racing car driver, me and my mates used to hit the bush, we used to go to Mt Disapointment and rally thru the dirt roads to improve our driving skills and show off.. The only thing that got hurt was our cars when they spun outa controll and into the dirt mounds or maybe the odd broken tail light after clipping a tree..

Many of times we had been pulled over by either a ranger or the police and i still remember the cops would ask us what were up to in the middle of the night, we told em were just out here having some fun on the dirt roads and all they used to tell us was keep it safe and stay away from the housing areas...

John

Edited by TORANASS, 06 July 2006 - 01:41 PM.

#17 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

When I was a young tacker (not that long ago) getting behind the wheel of anyrhing more powerful than a V6 Commodore was a rarity. No P plater had them. Now P platers can pick up these cars for next to nothing. They fly compared to the datsuns we used to drive.

I'm glad I cut my teeth with a 200B, If I had anything with some poke I would be dead or have killed someone.

My kids wont have anything more than a nat asp 4 cyl for their 1st car.

Edited by LX406, 06 July 2006 - 02:01 PM.

#18 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

i have no problems with the cops coming down on people hooning
and if someone is speeding through a school area they deserve to have the book thrown at them.
but when the police start prioritising catching hoons over stopping home invasions and brake ins like they have in wa then you've gotto wonder why.
catching hoons rake the money in
catching thieves murderers ect cost money and create paper work.
now tell me anti hoon laws are good.
and that example i gave about locking up brakes to avoid a kid happened to a mate of mine and he wasn't speeding the kid walked infront of his from between parked cars.

there are good cops but some are just pricks.
and as i said it's a cops word (which can't be disputed) that says if your car gets impounded.

#19 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

Munro, I think you are mis informed about how police operate. There are special units dedicated to traffic, others dedicated to crime, and general coppers.

The traffic coppers are the ones who will be targeting hoons. The govt is correct in allocating resources to this as the road toll is huge each year, far greater than deaths from crime (harsh but true).

The 'home invasions' will still be investigated to the full strength of the law. Anti hoon swuads will not be taken from other areas, just traffic coppers with new powers.

#20 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:31 PM

Devils, its just an observation, im not saying that I have gone out with the idea of getting drunk to piss people off because of the hoon laws. In actual fact, I havnt had a drop for quite a while.

#21 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

makka things in the west are alot different than where your from then.
last week my wifes god father saw someone breaking into the home next door to him while he sat in the car accross the road he rang the police.
they turned up 7 hours later
now thats not a one off if your in trouble ova here the cops are the last poeple you call as you know they wont show.
if you call the cops about someone doing a burnout it usually takes them 2-3minutes to respond.
and if you get pulled ova in wa it's by any of the police force.
i've been pulled ova 5 times in the last 10 years (usually breathaliser or vehicle check and it's only twice that it's been by members of the trafic branch.

:spoton: tom

#22 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

honestly if you ask me the kid deserves it if he jumps out infront of a TORANA :tease:

#23 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I can see were your coming from munro and its a shame your friend was treated so poorly if he wasnt doing anything wrong.. It might be the cops word that decides if your car gets taken and can cause discomfort, but if your friend took the matter to court then he wouldnt have a problem unless ofcourse he has a bad driving record wich will fall against him..

LX406 has a strong point here also, cars are way too fast today.. By the way i had a datsun too 180B coupe but my gemini was better..

As i said mate im no angel but lets be honest there HOON laws and hooning is out off controll, in my day when i was HOONing with my mates we cruiz around looking for the best practical joke we could do, the most harmfull thing we did is fill the Water fountins in the city with 50KG of detergent powder.. hahhaha you shoulda see the foam hahahahahhahaha..

These days its lets go to Macca's and hang out and do skids all night.. Whatever happend to cruissing to CLOUD 9 or Mt maciden Optical Illusion hill. Oh i know what happend these things are lame and not cool so lets all hang out at the local most populer Macca's and try killing each other..

John

#24 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

i think the anti hooning laws were aimed more at those little shits in their ricers who are the ones who emulate that crap they see coming out of japan on the HPI videos and who think its ok to try that crap on the streets, i know a few of the local coppers down here have the attitude of just go and do it some where quiet, after all theres a time and a place for every thing. in my area ive noticed that the coppers dont even seem to look twice at all the old school muscle cars, for example i came around a corner once and accidently gave my car too much clutch (really it was an accident) and the copper just laughed at me. a couple of days later i was talking to this same copper and some turd came around the corner and gave his ricer a bit of curry and that copper seemed to appirated back into the patrol car and was gone in a split second yelling out the window to me ' speak to you another time' all in one motion. they arent all bad but they have got their job cut out for them as once youve done that sort of thing you realise that the law and common sense DONT work hand in hand and at the end of the day the average citizen doesnt have any common sense so thats hat seems to be dictated into our government :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: sorry i should probably stop ranting

#25 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

honestly if you ask me the kid deserves it if he jumps out infront of a TORANA :tease:

Thats not even funny mate...

All the Toranas in the world cant replace a life you idiot..

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users