LS3 with Turbo 400 into a LX Questions.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _arkwolf_

_arkwolf_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Haha, All 3 of them belong to the family. I am very interested in the LT1 now, Does it use the exact same mountings as a ls3?

#27 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Yes the same mounting. Of course the new auto is now an 8 speed and the new manual is now a 7 speed tremec.

The key imo is the fuel economy and torque output for a 6.2l.

The direct injection makes an enormous efficiency difference and its all down low for drive-ability. Look at the torque curves yet we are still seeing more hp. Ever since the base vette come out with the LT1 the LS3 has shown its flaws that we didn't see.  Putting a 2.3l supercharger on basically the standard LT1 and getting an easy 750Hp from 6.2l was just unheard of. Look at what Howard Bell (Litre8) had to do for far more $$, more weight and yet far less power and far less torque. GM has kept the small block even with pushrods right on the edge of pushing the efficiency barrel.

Not that we are talking about a dinosaur boat anchor (like the disastrous 308), as there is not much  wrong with a new 515Hp factory LS3 crate at $8k or so.

#28 _arkwolf_

_arkwolf_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Danmit LXSS350, Now I am going to need to save and wait. After reading a few forums and press releases on the LT1 I am completely sold. Going to need to buy one and then wait until I can afford a blower then the fun begins.

#29 _GreenLH LS3_

_GreenLH LS3_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

ive just put ls3 in an LH, used tuff mounts and a mast motorsport sump. getting custom extractors made

#30 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Danmit LXSS350, Now I am going to need to save and wait. After reading a few forums and press releases on the LT1 I am completely sold. Going to need to buy one and then wait until I can afford a blower then the fun begins.

I agree I have gone over the choices from every angle. I was looking at staying N/A so I wanted to close a deal on a new LS7 crate engine for the SS hatch. But second guessing myself the more I thought about it the more the newer direct injection LT1 makes more sense. The scope for LT1 power is just too good to resist and at around US$10k (even right now) its pretty good for a N/A 6.2l. You can pick-up the 2.3l supercharger kit for $7k and so for around a very reasonable $20k you will get a very very streetable 740-750Hp and 650-670ft-lbs of torque.

I am running bigger injectors and computer mods on the LS9 (at 10.5 psi boost) to get 680hp @7000rpm and that cost A$25k. Although I can take that to 720Hp with just pulley changes as the motor is built tough as nails but a blown LT1 is a good alternative (minus the trick tough bits). Still awaiting info on the aftermarket Tremec TR-6070 7 speed. The other interesting bit is they are using the new 8 speed auto behind the Z06's LT4 which at 620Hp+ is a new power level that the paddle shift auto's have not achieved which is why auto was not offered on the high Hp/Tq engines.

Makes me wonder why we used to get excited with 550Hp out of the old SBC. Certainly come a long way since we used to cuss and swear trying to get the old 308 red motor to stay together.

#31 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

Dang....I might as well push my car into a dumpster with only a lowly LS1 in it...   :huh:  :tease:

#32 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

Come-on Jeff get with the program you know you want some more horses under that hood.  LOL   :stirpot:

#33 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

Or you could spend $700 on a fast electric race car jeff (return that red LS1 gas guzzler back to me) and that way your saving the planet  i.e. hug a tree,  join the fan club that will make these ugly fossil fuels obsolete   :stirpot:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users