post numbers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

I have noticed for a while now my post number hasnt gone up ? any reason for this or have they stopped counting , i know there was a bit of discussion about it before because some had post counts inflated way up but mine have always been deflated way down , when we had one of the first forums had a few and then the next one had a few hundred as well and now the next edition had a few but havent climbed at all any reasons , just like to know thats all REX

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:57 AM

Chopper stole them!

#3 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:29 AM

Even though they are off, mine still sometimes goes up, they got turned off when I had 513 posts... so it's krept up slowly, and yeah, since CHOPPER's gone, I don't think they are needed

#4 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

yeah i believe tinkers turned them off... No reason was given as thats the way she operates....

As much as people say they dont matter, they obviously do considering the amount of people wanting to know about them.... Honestly i would like them to be on, cos occasionally i check out how many i actually have.... its also good for new forum members to see who are active members on the site and gives you a good indication of how often people are on here if u try and pm them etc....

post counts aren't evil

#5 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

LOL shows how much notice I take of the numbers, I hadn't even realised they were off.

However I share Johns comments and agree to some members they matter ( I was going to say important but thought it was too heavy a term).

Not too observant on these matters am I (grin)

The forum still works and that is what matters to me.

Cheers
Herne

#6 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:57 AM

yeah i believe tinkers turned them off... No reason was given as thats the way she operates....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: if thats true an explaination would be appropriate.............

#7 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

I agrre if they have been turned off it should have been majority on forum that decided not one or two members , What happened to chopper ? I liked the fact that he commented on anything and everything whether he had knowledge on subject or not he was willing to give it a go and helped out plenty , if its one of our new old members that have pissed him off tell him he is most welcome no matter what has been said to him , TREX

#8 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

There is nothing wrong with the forum, the post count was turned off.

Start spamming and I will start deleting  :rolleyes:

This is a quote from a previous post of tinkers....

http://www.gmh-toran...opic=6782&st=15

This is the only explantion behind the post counts.... I dont like to point fingers but i dont like people being left in the dark!

#9 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

[QUOTE] Hey I know, while the forums are down, LETS SPAM!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW[QUOTE/]

Reminder: Obviosly it was a joke, Tinkers only made that comment is because what I said ^^
What Matt quoted isn't the real explanation, it hasnt been told....
...yet

#10 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

I agrre if they have been turned off it should have been majority on forum that decided not one or two members ,snip

I disagree, I would leave that sort of stuff to the poeple who actually manage and started the forum, nothing wrong a bit of autonomy in todays oh so boring politically correct world.
If the forum was not to my liking I would leave. If asked for input on how it might be run if I had something to contribute I would but I do not expect it to be run as a whim to what I thought was right.
Am I gonna need a flame suit again?? lol

Cheers
Herne

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

[quote name='Liam.W' date='Jul 8 2006, 02:11 PM'] [QUOTE] Hey I know, while the forums are down, LETS SPAM!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW[QUOTE/]

Reminder: Obviosly it was a joke, Tinkers only made that comment is because what I said ^^
What Matt quoted isn't the real explanation, it hasnt been told....
...yet [/quote]
yeah thats the only time anything had actually been said about the post counts, and at the time tinkers was the only mod online and i noted that the post counts had only just been frozen..... which is why i am saying she was the one who turned them off...

#12 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

Ohhh yes I see now Matt, Tinkers did turn them off... Why im yet to find out

#13 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

Well the consensus say that Tinkers was the one who turned you off but who is responsible for "turning you on" (I wonder :rolleyes: )

#14 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

hahahaha!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#15 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

Well the consensus say that Tinkers was the one who turned you off but who is responsible for "turning you on" (I wonder [Orig].rolleyes.gif )

Dirty Deeds barbados green L34, ha ha, "Dirty Deeds" but na, his cars pretty mad

Edited by Liam.W, 08 July 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#16 _mike_nofx_

_mike_nofx_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:05 PM

Why was the Post Count turned off? me and Liam were in a race bigger than 1978 Bathurst!

Maybe thats why its off

#17 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

Iv'e gotto laugh...

You get people ( and i wont name names.. they know who they are..) who find it great to try and rack up 80 posts in a day, of worthless SPAM, yet they want to be regarded as valued contributors to the forum?

If anyone had noticed the post counts still do count... but they only count in forums that actually give a benefit to the forum. Best of luck in working it out from there!

I think this is a MUCH fairer system to show the people who actually contribute with information and knowledge to further this community, Not simply post garbage and "race" each other.

If it was my decision.. I would have turned them off altogether!
Cheerd and feel free to flame me.. Ive got thick skin!

#18 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

I agree remove the post count altogether, it will stop the unwanted rubbish ( to a certain degree). Those with intelligent informed responses will still reply and we know who the informed ones are among us.

#19 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

*SNIP* we know who the informed ones are among us.

You said it...

It's not about the size of your count....

#20 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

Lol, we can name names, Me and Tim, yeah, we're guilty, but when Tiny says
[QUOTE]yet they want to be regarded as valued contributors to the forum?[QUOTE/]
No we are not, well Tim is more then me, by a long shot. I don't think I have seen Tim on the forums for a week, we DID spam sure (and we shouldn't have THAT WAS ONE TIME), but we learn too, I don't really bitch and stir people up, I add comments and add opinions (and yes, that time was just utter crap that shouldn't of been added). I have no flame suit on, I know ive screwed up, I guess I will have to enjoy this forum instead of post in it, which is fair enough. I think these forums have had enough of us anyway, so i'll participate less.

Liam

#21 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

It might be because it's Saturday night (and I'm waiting for the wife to come home) but I think this topic is getting very hot and sexually. People are getting turned on and turned off and now people are talking about size. :rockon:

Edited by lxsstorana, 08 July 2006 - 06:54 PM.

#22 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

I'm surprised no-one picked up on the possible mis-pronunciation of COUNT too...

Liam.W - Maybe i worded that a little harshly, Most people would know what's gone on ( if theyre concerned about it) and the point i was trying to make was that THAT KIND of posting is unwarranted. As you've said you learned from your mistake and that's all that can be asked.

A forum is nothing without it's members contributing, wether it be with a light hearted comment or a joke or a piece of a puzzle that helps someone out of a bad situation that's what creates a forum.

We decided to turn the post counts off in the threads that seem to be mis-treated, and i belive by doing this we have a better representation of those people who post torana related info.

Anyone who reads these threads comes to know the people who really know their stuff, Those who contribute to the place in other ways, and those who come here to cause problems. They are generally treated accordingly!

Anyway.. I Find it most interesting that Tinkers got blamed for the post count being turned off... She had nothing to do with it other than beiong part of the admin TEAM. Be a little careful before fingers are pointed!

/end of rant... back to talking about sex....

#23 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:28 PM

My 2c

Admin and mods discuss these things before they happen guys
Its not the decision of one person above all the rest
As Tiny said Tinks had nothing to do with the turning off of the counts on certain sections.I won't tell you who it was but it was a decision discussed at "a higher level"

My personal opinion is post counts matter very little in the whole scheme of things
The members know who contributes and who doesn't
Its a matter of personal opinion whether you get anything rewarding from other peoples posts
I find it interesting though that on most of the forums I visit its the dribblers with the inflated post counts that are the most concerned when they are turned off.
Feel free to post away on the forum as you wish.

#24 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

I'm surprised no-one picked up on the possible mis-pronunciation of COUNT too...

i picked it up, I just can't get it up since it was turned off.

#25 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

SEX talk where...oh still talking about numbers i'll come back later...some1 heat this up please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users