got my first summernats tickets!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _nibbsy_

_nibbsy_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

last thursday the postman was good to me and dropped off my 3 silver passes to next years summernats!!!!
This will be the first year we go, we are up in central qld so its a bit of a trip. I'm hoping i get hooked and NEED to go each year from now on.
nibbsy

#2 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:55 AM

You're going to love it ... been every year since I was 10 years old... It's like nothing else you'll ever experience... unless of course you have burnouts, boobs and 50,000 people at your house frequently, i guess.

#3 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:19 AM

I wanna go so bad, maybe one day when I get a car, how good is it?

#4 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

I went a while ago can�t remember what year it was but I seen litre8's car there and there was a 34 ford coupe there in flat black paint that was mad.
We got a fine for driving a green hq Monaro blown down the main street in Canberra the fine was for Obstruction of View still got the ticket somewhere at home the police were driving Tarago vans that year.
We got the monaro kicked out for doing a burnout where we should not have been doing it and to get it back in we had to go get the sticker off the other car we had in the grounds and then come in thru different gate and then behave
We had a great time and as they say Boobs and more boobs and burnouts and cars it was great worth going to for sure

#5 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

I had a great time this year, I cant wait for next years summernats!

#6 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:05 PM

I wanna go so bad, maybe one day when I get a car, how good is it?

It's better than good :-)

It's 4 days of the wildest horsepower partying in the southern hemisphere. It's a crazy atmosphere, and it just so happens that my Birthday always falls on that weekend every year, so maybe its a combination of that, but every year it is more impressive to me. The media have given it a bad wrap over the last few years, resulting in questioning of booze and whatnot, but it's fine how it is, you just have to have the culture.

(With exception to those who went and ruined 7 out of 10 top Elite cars year before last etc.. there's no excuse for that crap!)

#7 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

nibbsy: Congrats on the tickets. Are you camping or roughing it in a motel? LOL

Go with an open mind since you havent been there before. It is a love it or hate it place. The negitive media reports are only a very small part, why print a good story right?

I'd love to be there again next year as it is the 20 year party but no can do.

Apart from this year gone, I have been one of the photographers and doing the webcams for the webpage there for nearly 5 years and I must say it is great!!!!

Since you have Silver passes make sure you use them to the fullest, Saturday nights "Entertainment" you get a grandstand seat to the T & A show so get in early (people go up there mid arvo especially in Gold seats) to get close. Gold passes are directly in front of the stage and they get picked to go on stage with the strippers and with Silver either side. They also have huge screens everywhere to the phlebs below can see.

example of T & A show a couple of years ago with one of the Dyno guys "helping" the stripper http://www.pbase.com.../image/10754380

Have a good time. :)

#8 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Never been to summernats. when is the latest you can get tikets or am i already too late?

#9 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

You can buy tickets at the door mate. ...

http://www.summernats.com.au is the place to check it out though, Gold Season Passes are sold out, but Bronze and Silver are still available, or you can buy 4 day passes, single day passes or weekend passes at the gate when you get there... they dont sell out :-)

#10 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:38 PM

might just go the plebs 4 day pass i think. thanks for the link
Mick

#11 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Planning my accomodation now ... going to be a big one this year .... Saturday night will be my 21st Birthday ... and no doubt the celebrations at the Nats will go on as it's thier 20th year.... definately going to get myself rather messy :-)

#12 _Hotrodder_

_Hotrodder_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

Ive already sent my entry off, this will be my 20th visit. Yep, Ive been to every summernats since No1 as an entrant and I gotta say I wouldnt miss it for quids. Not too many could claim that I rekon.
I'll be camping next to Critta again as usual. I think this will be about 15 years we have had the same camping sites now.

As for the T&A show, I dont think Ive actually seen that for about 10 years now, boring as bat-shit. There are alot more titties cruising around, and alot closer too.

Edited by Hotrodder, 13 July 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#13 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

Wow HotRodder... have you written in to the Summernats guys with some stories? i notice on thier website theyre asking for people who have been to all of them to tell them a few yarns, for no doubt some comemorative book or something. I agree with the missing the T&A show ... I have probably sat and watched it once... the action out on the cruise circuit starts to get wild when the show is on, so you get better crazy burnouts and women out there at that time. Just hoping they don't cull it back like last year.

#14 _nibbsy_

_nibbsy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

I am SOOO looking forward to it. the missus is coming with me and one of my mates. its not too bad down there for fellas screaming out show us your tits at women every 3 seconds is it??

Anyone know of some good relatively cheap accommodation that is quite close to epic as we are flying down and wont have a car?
Cheers for all the responses, i think i will remember it for a long time!!
nibbsy

#15 _Hotrodder_

_Hotrodder_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

RpM, yes I have written to them. I have a jacket with all the entry patches on them which I take every year.
I still remember the very first one, highlights like Victor Bray cruising the streets in his blown injected 57 chev, straight out of the pipes. :rockon: and lowlights like the dickhead element going into the servo and buying 4 litres of oil and proceeding to pour it all over the intersections.......... Yeah, those were the days. :D

And nibbsy, yes it really IS that bad with desperate wankers yelling show us ya tits every 5 metres around the cruise track, but only after sunset. During the day its alot calmer with the families out and about. Basically tell her to wear a jumper or something similar and they'll leave her alone, its the mini-skirts that cop heaps of abuse from drunken halfwits that spoil it for others.

#16 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

Nibbsy: Car-o-Tel is across the road from the Nats, as is alot of others but you will have to be quick as a lot of people re-book while they are there for each year.

The "show ua ya tits" crap gets rather boring after awhile.
Thursday & Fridays arent to bad but gets worse as the week end progresses. By Sunday most of the drunks are still drunk and simply dont have a clue. :rolleyes:

At night keep your missus close and going to the loo in pairs is a good idea. It isnt unheard of for males to be in the ladies loo or showers at night or in the mornings for that matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users