Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Bump.... Rob? Or. Rob ?

#102 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

More like NOB !!!!!
Sorry Dane'o wasn't gunna speak but you get that

Gutless all the way rob had your chance countless times to call all of us but obviously a keyboard hero
If you're ever around call you know where we all live
Pity you have to be the mouth piece for others you know who I mean
You wouldn't even know about a certain black car & sunburst car if you hadn't of been filled in
As I said call in one day love to chat to ya to see at what point in time you lost the plot
I guess stress does funny things to all types of people
To pay out on someone that you once highly respected , for no obvious reason other than you forgot to take your medication is just gutless & cowardly
Which I guess sums you up really
Read this then go share with the silent mouthpieces

You're a bewdy
Glad you left our hunter valley
Coward !!!!!

#103 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

Whoa huddos pissed

#104 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yeah sorry Gene
Just get tired of gutless whinging pricks
Dane'o wouldn't hurt anyone
& this goose has nothing better to do
And it's all because he's JEALOUS
I MEAN WHATELSE COULD IT BE ROB ??????

Come on spill your guts I'm waiting or call me you have my number I'm really interested ???????

#105 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

Jeasussss, its only a matter of time until  this thread is locked and cleaned and I think it needs it and get back to the original topic.

On the other note I appreciate all of the support.

cheers

P.S

Gong your 100% correct, I just confirm it with the phone number.

#106 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

You have earned all the respect and support Dane...

#107 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

The whole Torana scene has changed big time in the last couple years it's gone to sh*t... Sad but true, I was building mine up as an lc xu1 replica and had everything to do it, but not anymore , I can't stand the opinions and pickiness of some people, at the end of the day where all car/Torana enthusiasts , respect that and use it carefully, now I'm dropping a 308 in it and tubbing it, fully engineered built the way I want it, however can't wait for the opinions still, remember, it's a torana !! Use it for what they were built for and drive the wheels off em!!! Too many opinions, not enough appreciation
End rant
Blake

#108 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

The whole Torana scene has changed big time in the last couple years it's gone to sh*t... Sad but true, I was building mine up as an lc xu1 replica and had everything to do it, but not anymore , I can't stand the opinions and pickiness of some people, at the end of the day where all car/Torana enthusiasts , respect that and use it carefully, now I'm dropping a 308 in it and tubbing it, fully engineered built the way I want it, however can't wait for the opinions still, remember, it's a torana !! Use it for what they were built for and drive the wheels off em!!! Too many opinions, not enough appreciation
End rant
Blake

spot on blake as i have said a lot of times build your car how YOU want it frOck what ever anyone else thinks or says as your not building it for them its for YOU...all the bitching is exactly why we lose good people to our car clubs and forums ect...

when i first joined our monaro and torana clubs 10 years ago some people said to me you will get sick of them wait and see i thought no way these are great but as time goes on i can say im starting to understand exactly what they were talking about..

why cant people just be happy for others its like they live for the opportunity to bag some ones pride and joy instead of appreciating what the person has done and gone through every single person that owns these classics cars should be praised not put down because they won a trophy ect...

#109 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

End rant
Blake

Really Blake? It's all gone to shit? Not sure who you hang out with, but the Torana blokes I get together with (meeting tonight) are a great bunch. Everyone appreciates each other's cars, and most get them on a track when the opportunity is available.

The other thing is, concourses have been around for a long time. I remember going to the massive display day/concourse at Warwick Farm in Sydney as far back as 1973 with my father and his 1935 Pontiac. It was inevitable that Toranas would one day be judged in concourses. For the people who want to do that, good on them. It doesn't make them wrong or wankers, it is just a different aspect of the hobby. It's not my scene,as I would rather have my car the way I want it and use it, but that means I am just different from the concourse people. And as I've already said, for those who are into the concourse scene, then they know they will have judges picking their cars, because that is the deal. Again, it doesn't make the judges wankers; they are just doing a job they were asked to do.

Edited by oz772, 06 May 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#110 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yep agreed Greg.

Lets face it there are idiots in every group, club, friendship circle, forum and family.... And in most workplaces....

They are unavoidable and exceedingly annoying.... And should be ignored, but in this case, Rob1 or Rob2 care to comment ? ;)

#111 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Really Blake? It's all gone to shit? Not sure who you hang out with, but the Torana blokes I get together with (meeting tonight) are a great bunch. Everyone appreciates each other's cars, and most get them on a track when the opportunity is available.
The other thing is, concourses have been around for a long time. I remember going to the massive display day/concourse at Warwick Farm in Sydney as far back as 1973 with my father and his 1935 Pontiac. It was inevitable that Toranas would one day be judged in concourses. For the people who want to do that, good on them. It doesn't make them wrong or wankers, it is just a different aspect of the hobby. It's not my scene,as I would rather have my car the way I want it and use it, but that means I am just different from the concourse people. And as I've already said, for those who are into the concourse scene, then they know they will have judges picking their cars, because that is the deal. Again, it doesn't make the judges wankers; they are just doing a job they were asked to do.

Spot on Scott the way i look at it yeah i would love to own an XU1 but alas not im happy that i got a torana and being a GTR is the next best thing
I would even be happy with a replica

Lifes to short to bitch about trivial crap just get on with it and enjoy what you have or havnt got
j

#112 peterd

peterd

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name:Peter

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

Really Blake,

You say it has all got to sh*t and you cannot stand the opinions and pickiness anymore. Take a look at your previous comments about a guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, who has helped many and will go out of his way to source parts for many of the forum members. This guy gave up two days pay from his job just to be at the event. All you could do was hang sh*t on him and you have the nerve to come out with this rubbish that the scene has gone downhill. 

There will always be those that do and those that don't. If you don't like what is happening join a club become involved that is how things evolve.  Somehow I do not think that is you.

Maybe you need to take a look in the mirror and see who is to blame for the current situation. One day when you are older and wiser you just may regret your comments.

Remember what goes around comes around

#113 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Really Blake,

You say it has all got to sh*t and you cannot stand the opinions and pickiness anymore. Take a look at your previous comments about a guy who wouldn't hurt a fly, who has helped many and will go out of his way to source parts for many of the forum members. This guy gave up two days pay from his job just to be at the event. All you could do was hang sh*t on him and you have the nerve to come out with this rubbish that the scene has gone downhill. 
There will always be those that do and those that don't. If you don't like what is happening join a club become involved that is how things evolve.  Somehow I do not think that is you.
Maybe you need to take a look in the mirror and see who is to blame for the current situation. One day when you are older and wiser you just may regret your comments.
Remember what goes around comes around

http://www.gmh-toran...-44#entry707123

#114 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

5 or so pages and still going... I think some will get what I mean .. others won't.. But that's okay, was just disappointed in general of the lack of SA cars there, and that the SA judge could've brought his along too, that's all, sorry for conflict?

Blake

#115 peterd

peterd

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

He would have brought his car if he could have. He tried to bring it to the event starting Thursday but had a broken fuel pump. Bit hard to find one over Easter but he did and eventually and brought it to the event.

You are from SA why didn't you enter and bolster the low local entrant numbers????

#116 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Probly because mine is a bare shell and we had work commitments so the only day we where free was Saturday arvo so I paid for a permit and took the old mans lc xu1 up, even if I did have to park in the carpark outside I still made the effort to go up and take it

#117 peterd

peterd

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

So did the judge you bagged but he gave up work and pay to patronise the event

Could have entered you dads car,

enough said

#118 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

Well what a legend 👏

#119 peterd

peterd

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

You got that right

#120 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

I recon we can have a " torana fight night " at the next nationals LOL

F@$@#KEN BRING YOUR GLOVES BOYS !

haa!

#121 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hey all

I really dont care at all about who owns what, how special , numbers matching or what ever

i own my car i love it , i dont bag out on anyone that wants to modify or go fully anal what ever , but what shitted me was the goose that was commenting on a event that he wouldnt even know what he is looking(as he once voiced his opinion on this to me personally to my face)  or care to attend & was only shit stirring on behalf of others , i had to speak & i rarely do , but some people are just jealous or something , to be honest i dont really know why , they have never really explained their reasons , but until they call to talk about it & work it out as im sure it can , well i guess it will just keep eating away at them not me or a few others cause we really dont care , i dont have the time to waste on it .

Me & a few others on here just love the cars for what they are, not their worth & drive em like they were meant to be driven

& if its a sin to be thorough in piecing them together well then i guess we are sinners...

Amen

jeeeeezuss......

Huddo

#122 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

ok guys while reading through this thread again today i was informed by my son that the trimmer that re done his hatch seats has been diagnosed with bone cancer and has very limited time left which really puts in to perspective just whats important none of the petty shit really matters does it life is waaaaaaaaaay to short.....

back on topic how good were the cars that made the effort to attend frOcking brilliant thats how good.....

#123 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

You hit the nail right on the head Daz lifes to short

#124 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

You hit the nail right on the head Daz lifes to short

Fr0ck yes

#125 _sprintmaster_

_sprintmaster_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

Well said Huddo agree 110%, we Drive them as they were meant to be driven and then some. Thank you to all the guys for the BIG effort they put in over the Easter weekend. We had a ball and would turn around and head back down south again in a heart beat.
Constructive comments are more than welcome,but some of the so called armchair EXPERTS here should keep the petty shit to them self's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users