Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

Giant killer you say Daz that had 2 doors as well
oh no what have i started

Yeah mate I know that lol was more to the strength side of it...but you knew that already didn't ya mate...

#28 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

.*yawn*  Taxi or hunchback, love what you have and don't give a f*ck about what others may comment in their repeated and boring rants. 

#29 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

.*yawn*  Taxi or hunchback, love what you have and don't give a f*ck about what others may comment in their repeated and boring rants. 

"WINNER" "WINNER" "WINNER"

#30 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yep agree with Howard 100%. I know a couple of people are attempting humor here, and so I don't take offence to it, but seriously the same old grandpa jokes over and over are getting OLD. Get some new material.

#31 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

My god please lets keep touch of reality. Some are far too one eyed fan boys.

Sure I can pull a royal flush if the cards are stacked.

Torana's won races only because of sheer entry numbers and Fraud not supporting a team.

Thank the lord in 1974 Fraud left Moffat with no support the two other fraud privateers (who stayed loyal) pretty much where uncompetitive.

Hell even in 1974 11x L34's started and 3x frauds

Yet to show how pathetic the cars where with the odds stacked - Goss and Bartlett won.

Read the race reports the 11 Torana's just like the Sandown disasters the plastics fell away like flies with mostly engine drama's oil, blown pistons etc etc

In 1975 there where 13x L34's and 3x frauds

In 1976 there where 16xL34's and 3x frauds.

My god the fact was the Torana had no bloody competition .......what the hell was its competition????? Was it going to be challenged by the bloody 2litre alfa, v6 capri, RX3 mazda or a datsun 1200.

I mean serious guys these years where not racing it was a whitewash and false economy.

Its like two football teams one has 11 players and one has 3 yet the one who has 11 thinks because they won it that it is something to be proud about. That's nuts its nothing to be proud about it was a given not a superior achievement.

At the peak (end) of the L34 as recorded in Racing Car News and every other post race review

"All the 1976 Bathurst proved was that cars today obviously can't last 1000kms without something breaking and these cars where not designed to race even after 3yrs of the Torana's development."

It was not about Harry's is brilliant ONLY IF HE WINS he had BLOODY SHIT to win with. It was about his racing smarts with the  big protest against Moffat to put him behind in his Bathurst prep and give the Torana's a better chance of winning (if he could use enough 100mph tape). No matter how good you are your only as good as your car.

Look at Mercedes domination in F1 vs Red Bull who cleaned up before the new cars. The car is the difference at that level.

Edited by LXSS350, 26 April 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#32 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

If we are dealing in facts here, lets deal with a fact of your posts. You constantly tell us the 308 is a POS, and the hatch is FAR superior to the taxi sedan and how it won't Bathurst by 6 laps in 79. Well, I hate to tell you but the hatch was no different to drive than the sedan at all (Brock, morris and harvey have all said the same thing), and a sedan managed to beat the hatches at the first outing of the A9X  at Bathurst, and a sedan came 3rd in 79. Brock won in a sedan on his return to the HDT, and all of this with those same POS 308 engines which were identical in those superior hatchbacks.

#33 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

If we are dealing in facts here, lets deal with a fact of your posts. You constantly tell us the 308 is a POS, and the hatch is FAR superior to the taxi sedan and how it won't Bathurst by 6 laps in 79. Well, I hate to tell you but the hatch was no different to drive than the sedan at all (Brock, morris and harvey have all said the same thing), and a sedan managed to beat the hatches at the first outing of the A9X  at Bathurst, and a sedan came 3rd in 79. Brock won in a sedan on his return to the HDT, and all of this with those same POS 308 engines which were identical in those superior hatchbacks.

Red I have had far more torana's than most here, so I will say it again ........no the A9X is the exact same POS.

Except of course A9X gets better brakes,diff and geometry. Toss the whole lot imo as its just cheap rubbish that GMH only did because it was saving money by regurgitating whatever cheap production stuff it had on the shelves.

The difference is that at least the hatch looks like a race car in its war paint.

4 doors limit styling that's not just a GMH thing. You can make anything go better, stop better or turn corners better but you can't turn an ugly car into a supermodel its been hit with the permanent ugly stick from the factory.

That is not to say all two doors are better looking but as a rule of thumb just like the HK GTS vs the HK taxi most times the two doors offer better style for a performance orientated car.

All the Torana teams new that ..... which is why everyone went and raced the Hatch because it just looks so much better than putting the war paint on something that is styled on Ma & Pa Kettles shopping trolley.

Hell Fraud did it with the big coupes rather than the ugly as bat poo sedans.

Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren everyone in car design knows that you can't have a good looking taxi as your hero car.

Edited by LXSS350, 26 April 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#34 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

And of course it had NOTHING to do with the fact that the hatch was the new kid on the block and GMH was obviously very keen to maximise its market exposure.to the target demographic.

#35 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Howard for the two MHDT cars yes because of where the funding was from, but not for the 12 torana privateers in its 1977 debut.

Look at fraud from 73-79  why did no one choose the sedan over the coupe.

Its a bit pointless as its obvious in all forms of racing two doors just are automatically suited as race cars because they tend to just look so much better racing around. Race car teams are about presentation for sponsors, so of course if the sponsors are happier then the money flows and hence grid girls etc

I suppose like the old alcohol story about why god invented it ... just for all those ugly girls.

Could we use that for taxi's??  :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

LOL  :stirpot:

Edited by LXSS350, 26 April 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#36 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Double *yawn*

#37 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Opinions are like arseholes

#38 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Just for a fact, NO TEAM RACED THE HATCH BECAUSE IT LOOKED BETTER. And it looking better, is just a matter of opinion, nothing more. In actual fact, HDT wanted to continue with the sedan, but Holden pushed the hatch, then they made the 33 special shells for racing. There is your real reason for teams using the hatch, not because it was prettier.

Anyway I'm bored now with grandpa jokes

#39 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Yep agree with Howard 100%. I know a couple of people are attempting humor here, and so I don't take offence to it, but seriously the same old grandpa jokes over and over are getting OLD. Get some new material.

Yep the poem was a light hearted attempt at humour, took me ages to do just that little bit, lol.
Agreed Howard, love the car you have, which I do. Both of them.

#40 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Your poem was new and fresh

#41 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Errrrmm.......why are they still racing taxi's to this day if 2 doors are better.  :stirpot:  :stirpot:

#42 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

In 1975 there where 13x L34's and 3x frauds

In 1976 there where 16xL34's and 3x frauds.

Excuse my ignorance but if the Fords were so much better why did so many privateers choose the Toranas ?

#43 _AD_75_

_AD_75_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Jeezuz H christ we need to limit the size of paragraphs for certain members.. :blink:

But anyway back to the original subject TAXI > Snatchback :fishing:

Edited by AD_75, 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#44 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Howard for the two MHDT cars yes because of where the funding was from, but not for the 12 torana privateers in its 1977 debut.

Look at fraud from 73-79  why did no one choose the sedan over the coupe.

Its a bit pointless as its obvious in all forms of racing two doors just are automatically suited as race cars because they tend to just look so much better racing around. Race car teams are about presentation for sponsors, so of course if the sponsors are happier then the money flows and hence grid girls etc

I suppose like the old alcohol story about why god invented it ... just for all those ugly girls.

Could we use that for taxi's??  :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

LOL  :stirpot:

Dunno why you are here if you are such a hater.
Winners are grinners.
Privateer teams voted with their money.
They liked what they saw and it would seem they backed the high probability horse.
Regards.

#45 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Honestly, this started as a harmless very clever and funny poem, and as usual gets turned into a senseless argument, all im going to say is, I own two Taxi,s and are bloody proud of them, and just for the record I don;'t give a rats a#@$ what anybody says, or thinks what they should, or shouldn't be!!! I agree with Red, time for some new material people!,

#46 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

very simple here,..

somebody here doesn't no how to build a holden 308 engine and hasn't grown up from his child hood days when we called different makes and models by silly names when we kids and even spelt there names correctly for all to read and understand...

(I love friendly banter but when every 5 page essay continues with the same purposely mis-spelt jargon and bagging off one shape far as been superior than the other,..well i'm convinced he was run over by a 4 door of some sort and has never recovered)

and yes I own 3 of the first of the big banger 4 doors that won Bathurst in 75,76 powered by the Australian built 308 that competed against the mighty ford 351 with the bullet proof driveline as opposed to the fragile budget driveline of our holdens...(gmh were running a business whether we liked it or not).. personally I didn't like it but that's business..

like many of us on this forum I love hot rodding our torana's and have done more than my fair share with sometimes no method for my madness just for sheer enjoyment and excitement...

and yes I absolutely love our  torana hatchbacks but also no how to get them going with our holden 308 engines...nothing wrong with chev engine just matter of choice..

on the other hand I also love my small block 350 chev engine which is fitted where it belongs in my 69 Camaro engine bay...again a choice thing

I also love my Australian built 60s&70s Fords, Chryslers and American cars of that era and have been blessed to have owned a few and still own a couple of genuine American muscle cars..

it been said enough times but i'll say it again opinions are like arseholes everybody's got one...

#47 VIXL34s

VIXL34s

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Name:jeff
  • Car:2x L34s,+ HZ GTS, A9X HATCH.A9X SEDAN

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

very simple here,..

somebody here doesn't no how to build a holden 308 engine and hasn't grown up from his child hood days when we called different makes and models by silly names when we kids and even spelt there names correctly for all to read and understand...

(I love friendly banter but when every 5 page essay continues with the same purposely mis-spelt jargon and bagging off one shape far as been superior than the other,..well i'm convinced he was run over by a 4 door of some sort and has never recovered)

and yes I own 3 of the first of the big banger 4 doors that won Bathurst in 75,76 powered by the Australian built 308 that competed against the mighty ford 351 with the bullet proof driveline as opposed to the fragile budget driveline of our holdens...(gmh were running a business whether we liked it or not).. personally I didn't like it but that's business..

like many of us on this forum I love hot rodding our torana's and have done more than my fair share with sometimes no method for my madness just for sheer enjoyment and excitement...

and yes I absolutely love our  torana hatchbacks but also no how to get them going with our holden 308 engines...nothing wrong with chev engine just matter of choice..

on the other hand I also love my small block 350 chev engine which is fitted where it belongs in my 69 Camaro engine bay...again a choice thing

I also love my Australian built 60s&70s Fords, Chryslers and American cars of that era and have been blessed to have owned a few and still own a couple of genuine American muscle cars..

it been said enough times but i'll say it again opinions are like arseholes everybody's got one...

Festa you have put that beautiful. the second and third line of your quote is perfect. To borrow words from former treasurer peter costello in regards to people who were unhappy with what they were offerd,he stated ( maybe they would be more comfortable elsewhere )

#48 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Only the Hatch can win by

Six Laps - Race Record on the Last Lap

A Torrie Hatch is one sexy looking beast.

Its clear why the race teams all left the taxi version where it was better suited - "shopping duties".

Why would anyone choose to race around the track in a 4 door brick when you can race with style? :stirpot:

In 74 Brock in a Taxi was winning by 5 laps at 100 laps if not told to slow down which caused leaning of cylinders on a partial throttle the Taxi might have won by 8 or 9 laps and the great man was convinced that caused his problems

#49 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Four doors and sedan ass end definently looks better. The LH/LX sedan is more of a mans car, while the hatch is better suited to the wife. She can fit more shopping in the back of the hatch.

i keep harping on but hairdressers love hatches its a girly thing

#50 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Brocky beat everyone in the old A9X 4-Door when he went back to HDT,  so the TAXI is not to bad

Lets be logical and think about things here beleive it or not the 4 door is lighter and more airadynamic but when Brock won in that 4 door Holden told him that would be the last time he would race a 4 door. Holdens spent a fortune tooling up for the hatch and sold bugger all in comparison to the 4 door. If race wins on Sunday got more bums into 2 doors it helped offset the tooling cost per unit. Why do they not make a 2 door now (low sales) as 2 doors are a fad thing but hard to live with. My first car was a 2 door and what a prick when you had mates in the car. Not practical but hairdressers live for style and looks( its a girl thing).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users