GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:39 AM

I think the writing was on the wall for the model as soon as GMH decided to call it a UC, why else would you use those initials... could have been a LY or LZ if they were thinking otherwise.

#52 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

Maybe they intended the initials to mean "Unique Car"!!

Either way, i'd be happy with a Torry no matter what the model!

Keith

#53 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:19 AM

Maybe they intended the initials to mean "Unique Car"!!

Either way, i'd be happy with a Torry no matter what the model!

Keith

I can't agree more Keith, if someone is dead set on a Torana I expect they would accept a UC especially if the price was right. It has been shown in the forums that the car can be done up extremely well - Pauls V8 UC is a fine example fo what can be done.

see here: http://www.hunterval...lsshed/paul.htm

Cheers
Herne

#54 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

Totally agree Keithy and Hernie, and remember the bloke that posted the blue supercharged v6 UC hatch? That is also a very nice car.

#55 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

with money and bit of taste, any ugly car can become attractive. Its what looks nice stock that counts!

#56 _noe_029_

_noe_029_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:11 PM

I think the UC does not look as fast or sporty as the LH/X but that doesn�t mean it is ugly. The front end definitely looks more upmarket and the interior is more upmarket. If you don't think the front end looks more classy than why do so many Kingswood owners put the WB Caprice front (essentially a larger UC front) on their machines. I put it don to the LH/X being the sports version and the UC the Luxury Car of the Torana�s.

#57 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:35 PM

i hear you noe_029, like you say, a UC belongs at the bowling club, not the race track :tease:

#58 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

Thats not a bad tip ^, visit a bowls club if you are looking for a torry in good nic, especially a mint LH with mudflaps, sunvisor, driver's weathershield, bench seat, 3 on the tree,drums all round and venetians. :stirpot:

Edited by devilsadvocate, 12 November 2006 - 02:50 PM.

#59 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:49 PM

hahahahah.
to steal the thread, i pulled up along side one of them ^ one day at the lights and i could see the two "seniors" looking hard at my torry out the corner of my eye so i looked over and then knew why, i was looking at their door handle, i had to look up to see them. :tease:

Edited by ALX76, 12 November 2006 - 02:50 PM.

#60 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

My mate owns a UC, has for a few years now, and if any1 said to him its a shitbox, he'd say "come race me then and we'll see who has the shitbox-as he's said on a couple of occasions", his old engine 308+NOS he ran a best of 9.96 at the track, no gas 11.20 all day, now with his new 400sbc 10.20 on pump fuel driven to the track and no gas! Each to their own I say

#61 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I agree with MR NOS... He's painted a nice lookin blue UC recently (now who could that be?? ha ha), i'm not 100% if he did sarsha's car though... Done right - they look good.

Being the owner of 2 UC 4doors and 1 LX 4door, i think i'd take my blue UC at the moment. We'll see how the LX looks in 12 months, then i'll make the decision, but until that time - my blue UC wins hands down.

I am gonna get an LJ one day though... Replica XU-1... Love them!

Cheers
Keith

#62 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

I am gonna get an LJ one day though... Replica XU-1... Love them!

I'm surprised you haven't got one already! :tease:

Pretty soon you'll have a V8 UC to brag about. :rolleyes:

#63 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:11 PM

Nope Keith didnt paint Sarsha's car, just nathans

#64 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, i cant seem to find an LJ around Townsville at the moment. If i did... well... it'd probably be in my driveway ready for XU-1 conversion.

I thought you only did nathans!! I saw both of them in person when i was down there - both have stunning paint work!

Keith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users