Rock and Rev Weekend

AMCR muscle car sprints

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Tomorrow 4th May at copper coast airport the Aussie muscle car run people are running a car show and sprints over 500 metres to raise money for the Luekemia Foundation. The aussie muscle car run was instigated by the Falcon GT club of SA

They love organizing straight line events as falcons do not have brakes neither can they go round corners. So tomorrow members of the Torana motorsport club of SA are attending to show them they do not have it all their own way. Pics to follow.

If you are in the area come along and watch us kick ass.

#2 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

bump

#3 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Have a fun day tomorrow mate, show the GT lads a hing or 2.
How many Torana Motorsport members heading there?

#4 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Mines all tuned up, it will be great to catch up with the boys again, see you there Outer. ps, that's why they are having a 600 metre braking area, so the Fords can have enough distance to juuuuust stop in time!! :stirpot:

#5 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

Good Luck with the Thrashings

#6 _zenburger_

_zenburger_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

damn! wish id known of this earlier!

#7 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

How'd you go Wayne? Saw on FB you have a new number, looking good.

#8 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Have a fun day tomorrow mate, show the GT lads a hing or 2.
How many Torana Motorsport members heading there?

Six cars competed and entered but a lot rolled up in support. News travels fast before i got home i had a phone call from a victorian friend who said he heard there was a few A9X,s hanging around Bolivar this morning (our meeting point) what a small world.

#9 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Mines all tuned up, it will be great to catch up with the boys again, see you there Outer. ps, that's why they are having a 600 metre braking area, so the Fords can have enough distance to juuuuust stop in time!! :stirpot:

Racer 8 you did well and your car sounded divine all the way to i guess around 7 grand.

#10 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

How'd you go Wayne? Saw on FB you have a new number, looking good.

Being a car set up stiff to do circuit racing no weight transfer so 1/3rd throttle massive wheelspin on off throttle to keep straight into second more massive wheelspin then by around 250 metre mark and in 3rd feed on the power until 500 mtr. Loose front shockers for lifting of front and weight transfer, traction control and auto would be a great advantage. One of Adelaides trendy hairdressers put up a few good passes in his Black hatch. 550-600 horsepower big block drag cars were no quicker than a 240 hp stocker because of a loose gravel top on a spray pave top. Knowing the surface now you would set your car up different but all told what a fantastic fun day in the name of a worthwhile charity

#11 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Outer, yea, the last run nudging, 7000 rpm, at the 500mtr mark, its nice to know the old banger still got a bit left in her!, Same problem as you it just kept breaking traction. (not bad for a taxi!) Once again great to catch up with you, and the rest of the Torana Motorsport club, cheers for you support. p.s, your car also  sounded, fantastic, just cannot beat it, they have a sound of their own, quote,-" L34, road or race.... its your choice".

#12 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

A number of cars sported a tribute sticker to HF also a good mix of cars these are the only photos i took with my phone as my official photographer only rolled home 1pm in the afternoon.(daughter). The engine bay photo is that of a v8 EH what a mean bit of kit. Hopefully more photos will filter through

Attached Files

#13 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Great day, great people from all walks of life and all for a worthy cause.

Hairdresser's car went better than expected!....Considering it consistantly posted faster times than a certain genuine Bathurst Taxi pack........ :P

(yeah yeah you were playing in the gravel patch and pleasing the crowd :clap: )

#14 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Great to catch up today, Darky, yes I will have to admit, the , dark "hair dresser" gave us a "short, back & sides", but we taxi boys love putting on a show for the crowd, glad you made it home safe, cheers Racer8.

#15 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

By the way the fastest time set by a Falcon GT was a stock standard XW GT even down to 195/70 14 in tyres

#16 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

more photos

#17 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Any shots of Darkys car in anger heading down the strip??

#18 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

I got 2 IPhone movies, one from the side of the track(2meg)which is not very inspiring with a quiet exhaust and another (78meg)at the starting point which also appears tame really compared to those hard launching type.

The IPhone photos I have are from a great distance too.

#19 a9x4dr

a9x4dr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yes but tame and smooth usually means a fast run!

I have a few photos that I will post (after resize) and also I took some movies from the camera - unfortunately too big to post and also the wind noise (even though it was only a slight breeze) ruins alot of the run re car sound except when passing my filming point. If only the commentator at the start line had of kept the mic open for all runs!

racer8 - I'm guessing your car was the barbados green beast with the megaphone exhaust - sounds awesome! :rockon: :buttrock: :clap:

#20 _aussie too_

_aussie too_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

more photos

Any chance of being put onto the owner of this torana

#21 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Any chance of being put onto the owner of this torana

you talking about wayne quines hdt L34 as you have no pic of the car in your post but i think thats who you mean.....

Edited by bullitA9X, 05 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#22 _aussie too_

_aussie too_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

you talking about wayne quines hdt L34 as you have no pic of the car in your post but i think thats who you mean.....

Sorry the pics didn't work, yep that's the one.

#23 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Sorry the pics didn't work, yep that's the one.

pm sent to you mate

#24 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Yes Mick that was my car, it was a great day, not only all the cars, but catching up with everybody, will see you there next year, cheers Racer8

#25 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yes Mick that was my car, it was a great day, not only all the cars, but catching up with everybody, will see you there next year, cheers Racer8

Could run it twice a year, again in spring?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users