Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

Hi guys n girls.

I am running a Dyno Day for the Eastside Cruisers, it's coming up soon on Sat 29th July. At this stage, we still have places available, so we've decided to open up some spots for gmh-torana.com members if anyone is keen to have some fun and see what their car can do!

Here are all the details:

When: Saturday 29th July, 2006
Where: Goodguys Performance Centre. Factory 3, 2 Gatwick Rd, Bayswater
Time: 8am - 5pm
Prices: $40 per car (this includes 3 power runs and a colour printout)
Food: Bacon & Egg breakfast, sausage sizzle lunch
Requirements: All cars must be neatly presented and ready to go, with oil & water checked 20 minutes prior to your run. Goodguys have the final say on what cars can go on the dyno. BOOKINGS are essential to ensure a spot, and payment is required up front. All bookings and payment is to come through me. Also no slicks.

If time permits on the day, we may be able to accept late entries at the end of the day too. There will also be a "Guess the power" competition (car yet to be decided).

This should be another fantastic day filled with fun and excitement. Last year we dyno'd over 40 cars. I can't wait! LXCHEV will be hitting the rollers for sure. We are also hoping to have a couple of supercharged monsters putting on a great show as well.

Of course, you are more than welcome to come along just for a look if you don't want to enter a car.

Cheers,
Brett.

Edited by LXCHEV, 12 July 2006 - 09:33 AM.

#2 _290ToranaSS_

_290ToranaSS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

I might have to come along... Sounds like it could be a good day.... Could almost get the hatch out there....

#3 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

What do you mean you "COULD ALMOST" get the hatch there - you "CAN GET" the hatch there!! You should enter it for sure mate. For $40, you will get more out of it than just putting on a good show and making lots of noise - you will finally find out exactly how much power the stroker is making, and you will get to see your air:fuel ratio throughout the rev range, which tells you if the car is running rich or lean etc... a dyno is a great tool in this regard. Eric at Goodguys will also be able to offer great advice too.

I think I might enter my hatchback too, see if my new exhaust system makes any more power.

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

I might drop in for a squiz. Never been on an ESC run before.

The blokes at Googuys were great the time I went down a few years ago. They seem to know their way around the real machines and take good care of them.

#5 _290ToranaSS_

_290ToranaSS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hmmmm..... Well maybe i will enter then! I got nothing to loose!!!

#6 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

This sounds mint!
Is there any chance i could put my hatch or lc (unsure) on the rollers? Im def keen! PWetty Puhlease?
Cheers
Stedz

#7 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

Of course Stedz! Whichever car you wanted to mate, no probs! Tough decision isn't it! After hearing your hatch at the drag day I can only imagine how tough it would sound on the dyno at full noise!

PS. Open pipes are allowed at the dyno day! We can make as much noise as humanly possible!

Matt, I am keen to see your machine in action! We should start taking bets on what the stroker will make!

Heath, would be good to have you along mate. And you are right - Goodguys are great with the cars. That's why we all continue to go back there every time! Eric is an absolute gun :rockon: (Come on, the bloke races an Altered dragster, I think that says a lot in itself!).

Guys - for those of you who are 100% keen, email me or PM me over the next week or so and we can arrange something to officially book your places, cheers!

#8 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:09 PM

Wicked well im 100% Certain, And itll be the hatch relised the engine wont be back in the lc by then! Well decided car but cant decide if ill run it street trim or not :| Are we aloud od fuels or premuim only?
Cheer
Stedz

#9 _290ToranaSS_

_290ToranaSS_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:15 PM

Matt, I am keen to see your machine in action! We should start taking bets on what the stroker will make!

Not as much as i would want it too!!

#10 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

Brett, is this the one you were telling me about? I might not be able to come as Julz and I are takeing her LX to sandown for a club sprint but haveing said that i think thats on the Sunday so we might be able to come and have a look.

I would love to bring the Hatch along and put it on the rollers but with the way the clutch plate is i don't think it's worth it yet.

#11 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

Might make the cruise out if I'm not working!

#12 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

Stedz - awesome dude!!!! I can't wait to see your hatch again! Mint, mint, mint!!!!

I don't see any problem with running the fuel of your choice. All that matters is that the cars are safe. Another guy from the club is bringing his XD down (351) and mentioned some special race fuel he's going to try (in his quest to crack the infamous 300 rwKW barrier)!!! He is so close but hasn't hit it just yet.

Last year the car that made the most power was a blown XY, putting down 311kw. And the car that made the least power was a T Model Ford that put down 8kw, it was pure gold! Throughout the day we had everything in between, so the huge amount of variety keeps it interesting. So J&S, knoath etc.... by all means swing past if you end up having the time!

#13 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

I cant wait!!
Is that cliff chasin the 300kw brett? The SVO ford?
haha I might be down there with the T model Ford!
I think ill go pipes on n premium just to c street wise!
Excited now! Be good if a few forum members turned up get to meet a few more of you!
Cheers
Ed

#14 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:51 AM

Nah it's not Cliffy. His SVO Ford is making around the 250 kw mark. I don't think he's coming this year, but I'll have a word with him to find out for sure. His thing sounds tough as at big revs too!

I tried to get the bloke with the T Model Ford to come down again this year - he was keen except he's away that weekend, so he can't make it! Spewing! We need to find someone else with an old vintage car of some sort for this year. No need to strap em down either! Yell out if anyone knows of someone who would be keen!!!

#15 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

A huge thanks to Rare Spares for coming on board and supporting our Dyno Day now too. They are providing two $50 vouchers which will be presented to a couple of Real Street cars on the day.

There will be an auction at lunchtime, a 'Guess the HP' comp, as well as some other fun and games, and possibly some lunchtime entertainment too. We may have a flame-thrower demonstration as well.

The day is shaping up great so far. Is anyone else going to come along and play with us?

So far from the forums, we have confirmed:

Stedz - hatchback
TORANR AMORE - sedan
LXCHEV - sedan, and maybe hatchback too

It's this Saturday everyone!

There are going to be some treats for the Ford fans too - we have 2 fully blown 351's also confirmed!

Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet?

#16 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

hmmm, I might catch the train out for a look. I got a push bike, I wonder what I can pull on the dyno......

#17 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hahahaha the pushie would be classic!!!!!

#18 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

IM SO DAMN EXCITED!!!
Out with the polish n all i think!! Im not worried bout what mine makes jus for the heck of it!! Hope its a great day!!
I cant wait :spoton:

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

the pushie would be classic!!!!!

I'd bring my beast out but I wouldn't have any traction on those huge rollers :P (skinny tyres)

Plus Cohen would call me gay.

#20 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

C'mon you braggers, come over this Saturday, it's gonna be excellent. :D

My car's not even ready, so I'll be trailoring it up.

Cheers,
Rick.

#21 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

thats cos I will whoop your arse Heath! :P

#22 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:25 PM

Oooo it's on! hahaha

#23 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

(Come on, the bloke races an Altered dragster, I think that says a lot in itself!).

And I saw his beautiful yellow Camaro last year as well, awesome car!

Looking forward to have a bit of a geez on Saturday. Will be at work in the morning but should turn up around 2 or 3ish. When are the good cars going to be running Brett? (By that I mean of course the torries, lol, and maybe the blown fords :D)

Peace,

#24 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

The blown Fords - mid arvo (3 to 4pm ish)

Torries - mine: late morning. Stedz: 3pm ish. Rick: not sure yet.

#25 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:32 AM

i might come down and have a look, not sure yet though, mum and dad need me to help them pick up some of their ebay purchases... :tease:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users