help needed transfering door insides

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _LH355_

_LH355_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

hi peoples sounds weird but i need to transfer all the insides from 4 loose doors i have and put them into my LH.(as my doors are bare)
i need the glass, door handles and winders.
i like to think im handy so im going to give it a go.
any help on where to start or what order to do things in or anything i should look out for would be greatly appreciated.
thanks guys

#2 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

From memory I don't think there are any rules but I'd probably go this way.

Remove;

1.wind window down
2.remove bailey channel rubber from window frames and channel
3.for the rears, unscrew the rear quarter glass channel from the top and unbolt from the door and remove the steel channel from the door.
4.pull out the rear quarter glass
5.unbolt the regulator (the winding mechanism) and slide the roller out of the channel and remove from car
6.pull the door glass out of the door
7.unscrew the inner door opening handle and unclip it from the lock and remove from car also unscrew the door lock knob
8.unclip the outer door handle lock rod from the lock
9.unscrew the lock from the door and remove
10. unbolt the outer door handle and remove
11. for the fronts push off spring retaining clip on the door lock barrel and remove
12. unclip the inner and outer belt moulds

I'm only listing this from memory so I've probably missed things, you'll need to pull the door trim off before doing this but I'm guessing you'd gotten this far. Installation would be the reverse of this, like I said old holdens arent too complicated and if you are swapping straight into another door you could basically undo something and then bolt it into the other door straight away and should have no problems.

By the fourth door you should be doing it with your eyes closed....Just TEST everything works before refitting door trims etc so your not doing everything twice.
:spoton:

#3 _LH355_

_LH355_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

thanks pete your a champ cant wait to give it a go :clap:

#4 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

It may seem a little daunting at first but if you get yourself comfortable and relax, take your time and even make notes on how they come apart you won't have any trouble with them.

If you get stuck I'm sure there's a hundred guys on here who have done the job and the forum is only a mouse click away :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users