350holley on 208

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

Gday all

in my uc hatch here i have a 202 bored out to 208. It has a 60/40 cam and is running high compression, but on standard head, extractors and electronic ignition.

Now ive tried over and over to get the car to idle, and it will just hold on at 1400rpm. IN saying that the 350 holley needed a rebuild hence ive ripped it off started pulling it apart. Im am pretty sure the jet sizes in it atm are bigger than needed as the motor before i purchased the car had a yella terra head.

One of my questions is, what type of jet sizes would i be after? I dont intend on changin the head anytime soon.

second question is, would i be better off with my current set up using a ww for the time being?

cheers
Dale

#2 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

I had this problem with mine too.

Check your choke gear is connected how it should be (i had mine connected but did not use it). Otherwise your butterflies will not open properly, and your air fuel ratio will be incorrect. Mine wouldnt go below about 1300rpm until i fixed this problem.

With my choke gear, i have a piece of steel wire from the butterfly to the other thingy holding it shut.

Cheers
Keith

P.S. "Other thingy" is the technical term too!!

#3 _Sammy_

_Sammy_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

you may need jets anywhere from 50-60 .... its hard to narrow it more than that though without some trial and error tuning.

#4 _doucmyuc_

_doucmyuc_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

thanx for the help guys

Keith: Iv epulled apart the choke linkage assembly and cleaned it etc, but it still seems to be very bloody sticky on that stupid lock pin. Have you got pictures of how you set the choke up?

cheers
Dale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users