Seats

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

Howdy Fellow Forum Members,
Have a LX SLR 5000 & the front passenger seat is missing the plastic cover that goes on the inside of the seat where it reclines. Can they still be found ie wreckers/rare spares & how are they attached.

#2 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

Most wreckers will probably try and sell you the whole seat I guess but if you find seats in pretty bad nick you could get them cheap anyway.
Usually the plastic tabs are already broken on second hand ones so that may be pointless.
If they are broken just fix them on with silastic.
they will line up over the bolts anyway and silastic will hold them there.
I dont think rares make them. I have surfed their site looking for them myself but with no luck.Maybe someone else here has found them?

#3 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

There are two solid pieces of round plastic (not the flanges for the bolt holes) on each bit that are supposed to push into holes on the seat hinge, a pair in the bottom plate, a pair in the top plate. The holes are just for access to the bolts to the seat squabs, play no role in holding the plastic bits on, although you can use glue on them for additional support/bonding surface.

I just used some araldyte on mine to hold the plastic into the metal holes. Works for about 18 months then you gotta redo them, specially the seat belt buckle side.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 17 July 2006 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users