jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

I assume that we can rule out any members that have commented on this thread so far as the guilty people are probably keeping a low profile for now.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, since all I know about the subject is what I have read here. But you'd think that whoever was involved would be keeping their mouth shut or fingers off the keyboard during this conversation.
That's just my thoughts anyway.

It's a shame that there's people like this among us, I know there's always going to be a few bad people in every group, but most of the regular guys are all quite helpful to anyone that needs it. There needs to be a certain amount of trust between people for the information that is sometimes shared on here, perhaps that's a risk on a public forum.

#77 _j.e.d._

_j.e.d._
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

sad business....
Wonder how long before we see these things over here too....
Looks like you send them the details of your car ( right or wrong) and they send you back a 40 y.o. looking build sheet that replicates what you just sent them.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item41875d45a9

Gee that looks dodgy. Great to have authentic looking paperwork, but you'd hope it was stamped or watermarked to identify it as fake so as not to rip people off of potentially thousands more when they go to buy your car thinking they're getting original documentation.

#78 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

so are the members who brought cars off these pricks telling anyone or keeping quiet so they can get there money back later on if cops dont visit them soon, i would think that would make them as guilty of fraud also.

Edited by nicko61, 29 September 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#79 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Does welding on a Dual Date Stamp count .........................  :spoton:

#80 crabba67

crabba67

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Name:anthony

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Well said Nick................  

#81 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,121 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

so are the members who brought cars off these pricks telling anyone or keeping quiet so they can get there money back later on if cops dont visit them soon, i would think that would make them as guilty of fraud also.

Are you saying the victims of both false advertising and fraud are guilty of fraud because they don't want to walk into the edges of a sh!tfight?
I think they purposely would be staying quoet either by common sense or if not under either legal or prosecution advice.
The owner of a dodgy car is not guilty of false advertising or fraud until they either advertise it as something it isn't or profit from it. They could be guilty of being in possession of stolen goods if the car has stolen bits on it.
That is how understand it anyway.

#82 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

nicko61

so are the members who brought cars off these pricks telling anyone or keeping quiet so they can get there moneyarrow-10x10.png back later on if cops dont visit them soon, i would think that would make them as guilty of fraud also.

i find this comment a bit harsh man,,, so its the lady's fault she was raped because she never yelled for help when she had a knife to her throat,,,

crabba67

you know a lot more than your telling the members here,, your quick on the phone to people to run accusations,,, so try been open here.

cheers gong

#83 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Not hard to work it out, pretty surprised though

#84 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

And then you get the opposite end of the scale when you know a car isn't right and you put your hand up and get critisised anyway, usually by people who wouldn't have a clue what they are looking at but like to chime in anyway.

I have been critised over the years for not making public info that has been collected on the L34,s over the years. In my defence i am willing to help anyone with info and have saved a few people from getting burnt but still some still deceive even if they know the truth. They need to be brought to justice

#85 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Where would we be without Reds oblique comments.

#86 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

nicko61
so are the members who brought cars off these pricks telling anyone or keeping quiet so they can get there moneyarrow-10x10.png back later on if cops dont visit them soon, i would think that would make them as guilty of fraud also.

i find this comment a bit harsh man,,, so its the lady's fault she was raped because she never yelled for help when she had a knife to her throat,,,

crabba67

you know a lot more than your telling the members here,, your quick on the phone to people to run accusations,,, so try been open here.

cheers gong

very true gong especially your last comment ,i thought that was gold

#87 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

This is an arguement that comes up regulary. Should the information be out there for all to see, or should it be held close by one or two people? Sadly it's hard to call. There are arguements for both. Look at the XU1's a few years ago when the club president was done for dodgying up cars. The disc came out and the info was there for all to see, but it didn't fix anything, it's just made more people able to copy up cars now. People now play the process of elimination. They ask around, can you help me identify my car, run from sorce to sorce, and if they don't hear what they like, they run around from car to car, modify what they need to then say hey look what I have. For me, i kept a record including pictures of critical areas of cars I have looked at for people, so when they pop up later saying they are something they aren't, well.... I'm always sus on people who are constantly buying and selling special cars.

How would you ensure that the register did not contain re-birthed cars and re-stamped engines?

A public register would make it easier for people to rebirth cars and engines using one of the missing numbers.

#88 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

If they have all the information say on disc find a car thats gone to car heaven and go to town making it. As Red rightly says its hard to call as the cars are dammed if the info is out there

#89 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Gee that looks dodgy.

What a crock o'shite! It's just torn paper that's been artificially 'browned' with a flame.  I hope nobody falls for it.

If they have all the information say on disc find a car thats gone to car heaven ....the cars are damned if the info is out there

If there's a record of all the write-offs, etc. then a simple check will reveal a fake.

s

#90 kiwi-lilj

kiwi-lilj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Name:Blair
  • Car:LIL J

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

I will add my worthless

Attached File  image.jpg   54.45K   5 downloads

just to avoid suspicion :-)

#91 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

At the end of the day there will always be dishonest people who are prepared to do dodgy things to make money and there will always be buyer's who think they know what they are looking at but don't really and get ripped off.

#92 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

I will take Reds and Outers word on these cars any day, fact! they try and help people as much as they can, its only fools that don't take their valuable advice and knowledge, on all things Torana.

#93 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

So if I've understood this thread correctly, what you're all saying is that my A9XU1 could be a fake ?

#94 _Joe Felice_

_Joe Felice_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

This seems to be the second major criminal ring caught out by the Police faking and re-birthing historic muscle cars. Let's hope these criminals get more than a slap on the wrist by the courts un like the first lot who  got off very lightly even after being convicted. And the poor buyers are left hundreds of thousands of dollars out of pocket. Unfortunately not everybody is an expert in identifying a genuine historic car and these guys are experts at faking/fudging  identification markers, numbers, fitments etc. so that only an expert can tell if the vehicle is the real thing;  unless of course someone who already owns a genuine car happens to find his engine and tag numbers on another vehicle, which makes one of the cars an obvious forgery. 

These scams have a knock on affect on genuine sellers as buyers who may not have the expertise to properly identify a vehicle are naturally scared off by all the talk about rebirth vehicles and forgeries.

I can only hope that they do go to jail for a long time, have their assets seized and that buyers get compensation, as if all they get is a loss of their Motor Traders Licence and a relatively small fine they will just nominate a clean member of their gang as the dealer nominee and themselves as employees and just go on operating and coming up with new ways to scam unsuspecting enthusiasts!

The annoying part is that if someone robbed a bank of $500 they would get 8 years jail but these type of crims usually get a small  fine and a suspension from trading even though the have collectively scammed millions od dollars!!

#95 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hi

The TV report says that the charge "Obtaining Property By Deception" carries a maximum penalty of 10 years jail. The kicker would be the civil action for reparation by the deceived purchasers. Who knows how long this has been going on.

Cheers

Bazza

#96 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

National roll call. All the 3 major players finally locate their master lists.

1200 Phase 3 owners, 967 A9X owners, 624 RT Charger owners etc all rock up for verification. 

I so what popcorn for that show! :)

#97 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

nicko61

crabba67

cheers gong

i am talking about being quiet and selling at a later date with fingers crossed that no one can tell they are reselling a dodgy car to try and recoup their money,i dont think im being harsh,its a continuation of the original fraud on the next unwitting person by someone who would stronly suspect they have a car brought off criminals,

#98 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

National roll call. All the 3 major players finally locate their master lists.

1200 Phase 3 owners, 967 A9X owners, 624 RT Charger owners etc all rock up for verification. 

I so what popcorn for that show! :)

thats bullshit  Col there,s at least 3000 Phase 3 GTHO,s

#99 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

Ths idea of some super register seems appealling... but ..
Who pays to run it?
Who inspects the cars...several states..and NZ ..and thousands of cars?
Is it public. Domain type data..or does it only answer questions?
No doubt within a few years of inception...someobe will promote an alternative process...what then?
Despite all that..I believe it already
works for high end cars like Ferrari s...and also the NC R ? Corvette register in the USA?...but they aint lil old torana owners !!

#100 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,707 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Car:1976 LX SL/R

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

Who pays to run it?
Who inspects the cars...several states..and NZ ..and thousands of cars?

It's very valuable information for insurance companies so they'd possibly get on board with a local car club? I remember the days when you had to take your car in to have it valued for how much you could insure it for. If you don't have any paperwork to prove your car is legit they could send you to a car club or even have a judge inspect it during a Toranafest or other car show. Once verified the VIN can be traced through the motor registries and the insurance companies would have to share information to see if more than one car shares the same VIN.

s

Edited by StephenSLR, 01 October 2014 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users