- - - - -

TORANASS finaly gets some work done.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:30 PM

OK people i havnt posted about my project for some time now.

After a long hold i finaly am getting it all back together.

Most of you might remember early this year when i got it back from the painters. I ditched the plan to run a solid 308 i bult wich was good for about 380HP for something a little more tame and much much streetable. I got my self a VS 165kw 5ltr EFI from a mate wich wrecked out it ute after deciding it was to far bent. The motor has only done 120,000k's so its not tired and iv still got a C.O.M.E racing 225KW upgrade cam kit wich i was gona use on the original EFI motor i started with.Iv also got a T350 with a stage 2 trick kit and a dominator 2500stall converta.

Anyway back to the progress of the car in the past few days with help from a good freind and forum member SLR and another mate Tony wich is also building a papaya SS we have fitted all the new rare spares rubber kit , front and rear windscreens, new rear tail lights cleaned and fitted the rear bar, wire brushed all dirt and surface rust off the floor and painted in in black enamal kill rust paint and brought all the underlay and carpet. next is to fit off the rest of the trim, heater dash, seats etc. I also cleaned and painted the front crossmember in gloss black enamal(not easy task).

Here are some pics of what it looks like at the moment. I hope to have it at the heathcote drag day..
In the garage were it lives beside my bro in laws GT
SS & GT
The left hand side, note the rear wheels (huge)
side view
The rear with new tail lights and SS stiker i just fitted(hope its in the right spot)
rear view
and the front end in gloss black, you can see a glimps of the 5Ltr EFI motor waiting for its home.
front end & motor

Tell me what you guys think so far
John

#2 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:01 AM

rear view

Sorry people heres the rear view
first link dont work for some reason

Cheers
John

#3 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:29 AM

Looks great John, good to see it's made a lot of progress. :)

#4 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:57 AM

i love the car,and the number plates

#5 _jimjet61_

_jimjet61_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

Looks great!! Love the parts box in the first piccy. Thats what the projects are all about, sitting around having a couple of coldies so you have somewhere to store all those parts you just pulled off. No wonder people usually end up stripping the cars back to the shell.
Good Luck with the rebuild Jim.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:27 PM

Looks unreal. I knew you had a Red SS but I never knew whether it was a project or a DD or what, can't wait to see it finished, good luck with everything

#7 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the good feedback guys

Funny thing is Jim i dont drink, thats all my mates doings. lol

Yeh Heath its been an ongoing project for the past 6 years mate, did Rick tell you about my SS at the Vic torana Club meeting?

Ill take some more pics of its progress on the weekend when iv got it out in the sun. It looks completely different in daylight, the pics dont do the paint job justice..

Cheers
John

#8 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:32 PM

Mate that is an awesome car - well done!! Cant wait to see more pics of it as you continue on.....

I've gotta get another one, I'm happy enough with the sedan, but the hatch is where my heart is... haha

cheers,

Sam

#9 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:28 AM

Sam, mate I know what you mean about were your heart is.. My hearts in the shape of an SS...I recently sold my LX SLR to forum member Tiny and his gona restore it into a nice machine just like his HQ is.. I loved my SLR but it had 2 too many doors..lol..By the way this is my 8th hatch and 6th SS but its by far the better 1 of them all

I saw the post about your race car, looks like its some awsome machine to drive. If you end up re bodying it into a hatch youll have a top notch race car.

Cheers
John

Edited by TORANASS, 09 December 2005 - 12:30 AM.

#10 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

Just make sure that by March it looks like the image in the phote next to the GT, where it looks like it's launching :D

#11 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

Heya John!

Looking good mate! Glad to see there's been some progress.. i cant wait to catch up at heathcote! especially when the beast is there :)

Trust me people.. John's right.. the photos do the paintwork no justice.. this is going to be one FINE example of an SS when john's through with it!!

Cheers!

#12 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:28 PM

What more could you want in a shed?

A classic holden next to a classic ford, the best of both worlds!

#13 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:47 PM

Looking at your hatch, (and the other fine examples on this forum) has definately encourged me to keep my eyes open for a donor car...... I really want to use this car (the sedan) to get going, learn how to drive the thing properly.... then over then next couple of years I'll build the new car up with the knowledge I've gained!

I was at Mallala for the Nationals the other week, Paul Stubber was there with his camaro for the historics, AND he also brought along the ex John Harvey MHDT A9X Hatch - it was worth the trip just to have a look at it and see it on the racetrack - what a superb sounding car!! I could have watched it go around all day... hahaha

cheers,

Sam

#14 _SLR_

_SLR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:41 AM

The car is looking great John its fantastic that its making progress. I think there will be a few chins hitting the floor when it finally leaves the garage, that car has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated. Can�t wait for it to be finished so we can go for a cruise.

#15 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:40 AM

Looking good John. Slowly but surely is the right approach. Bit by bit it will take shape. At this stage it doesnt take much imagination to realise how good its going to look. Glad you didn't need to sell it!

#16 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

Thanks to all you guys for the Good words

Im so glad i never sold it to, truth is i needed to sell it but when poeple were calling me i wouldnt follow thru for them cos deep inside i couldnt sell it, my heart wouldnt let me....That car is like my life support.........

Thanks again
John

Edited by TORANASS, 10 December 2005 - 12:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users