Finding new Toranafest attendees

Lot dont know about the Fest

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 _trueblue_

_trueblue_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

Toranafest is avery well organised event that attracts over 300+ Toranas. An excellent  roll-up for a single model genre.

The show is owned and run by the HVTC who have done a consistently good job over the years.

Folk come to Newcastle from all over, NSW, QLD, VIC, ACT and it's a good drive to get there.

No matter where you hold Toranafest, it will be easier access for some vs others. A fact of life.

History has shown that Toranafest has enjoyed consistent organic growth and the question of just how many is enough for the area and the organisers arises.

The show is static and if you've suffered the dust of Summernats, you may be grateful!

Personally, I find it's a great weekend away with our club and other like minded (Torana) people, to simply enjoy the drive, the cars and the camaraderie it generates.

So, I would suggest to all correspondents, enjoy the show put on by the hard work of the HVTC. Tell as many Torana enthusiasts about it as will listen and if you wish it to be held elsewhere and/or composed differently, be sure to post what you have organised on this website so we can support you too.

#52 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  • Name:steve
  • Car:UC Torana

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

In vic we have the annual vtc maroondah dam cruise usually with over 100 cars and is always a good event even though i have missed a couple now.

#53 _trippytaka_

_trippytaka_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

This might be a really dumb question but is there another show that could be a "national"? Ford GT people have the GT Nats etc. The events are run as a national club style and move around the country. They feature show and shine and drag days at a strip... It would be awesome to have something like this, with a track day, drags and then a cruie to show n shine over a few days.

I've been involved with the commodore CFC and other big events and completely understand the nightmare they are logistically so i understand it hasn't been done.

Leads me to my possibly dumb question, is there a national Torana club/organisation that might look to do something like this?

#54 _trippytaka_

_trippytaka_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

And back to the original post - a highly targeted social media campaign boiling audiences from the Toranafest database is how we capture more attendance and more registered toranas. If anyone needs help putting together a social campaign for it, in box me. That's my full time gig - I run Audi Australia's social media program and am more than happy to help for the love of it here. Cheers, Andrew

#55 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hi all,

just been reading some of the comments on here about Toranafest (TF) and everything.

Just a bit of background, the Club decided in 2013 after TF2013 that we would have a break for 12 months.

One of the reasons for this was the workload. It is fairly heavy and usually it is loaded onto around 6-8 people for the six months lead up. It does have a draining effect. obviousy all members are involved on the day.

Another reason was that trying to work with the Council was becoming more and more difficult and when they made it paid parking every 2 hours on a Sunday, it was another reason why it didn't happen in 2014. (it was taking spectators around 3-4 hours to see all of the cars.) So we also needed to look for a different venue.

So the Club needed a break basically. We let the Clubs know that was the case in around Nov/ Dec 2013 so that (hopefully) one of the Clubs would put there hand up to run a "Torana only" Show. I know that a couple of Clubs were interested but it was the QTCC that put up their hand first and decided to run "Toranarama".

Giving credit where credit's due, Toranarama was a great success for the QTCC given that it was it's first year and they had around 200 entrants! The best thing, for the HVTC, was that we got to go to it and were able to enjoy the day. Remember, we had been running TF for 21years straight.

The plan, at this stage, is for TF to be run every two years. That gives our members a bit of a break between shows and hopefully it allows other Clubs to put there hand up to run a similar type show in the 'off' years. When you think about it, if the QTCC, STC, CTC and VTCC (I haven't included the HTC (SA) as they already run a Torana show with great success) that would mean that any of those Clubs would only have to hold a show every 8 years or so.

We would love to see more Torana only shows around the country because it means that more Toranas come out of the garages and onto the grass!

With regards to the name "Toranafest", as Barry pointed out, it is copyrighted and it will only ever be used by the HVTC and only here in the Hunter Valley. The QTCC came up with Toranarama and that was pretty catchy.  It would just mean that the Clubs would need to put there thinking caps on to come up with a name. It's not that hard.

As we did with the QTCC, we offered and gave advise and contacts, etc where needed and we were happy to do that.  

We hope to see you all at Toranafest this year!

cheers

MIck

#56 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

Me n my family and friends will be heading over for our first fest can't wait my son wants his hatch there so I have to get moving on it lol will be great to meet forum members 😄

#57 _sprintmaster_

_sprintmaster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

Well said Mick
The HVTC sure needed a break after all those years of hosting this Iconic event for Torana fans.
We the QTCC were lucky enough to have been able to put together a half reasonable show,which we would
not have been able to do without the advice and help from the HVTC,and some real committed people.
Would be great to see some other club or organisation put their hand up next time .I have been asked would we
do another show like Toranarama ,not sure at this stage.A Bloody lot of hard work goes on behind the scene
that no one knows about ( unless you have done it )It was good to see the HVTC members chilled out and enjoying
Toranarama as entrants and NOT organisers .
Cheers Ronnie Pond
Vice President QTCC.

Edited by sprintmaster, 13 February 2015 - 03:22 AM.

#58 ollie

ollie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

I've been to Toranafest a while back and loved the Motto farm atmosphere. Well run event. Considering packing the surfboard and going to the next one.

#59 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

I was onboard until you said copyright.
You then lost me.....

NEXT.

Having said that, I intend to drive up to your 2015 deal...... :lol:

#60 _trippytaka_

_trippytaka_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:09 AM