URGENT: V8 TRIMATIC DIPSTICK?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

Hey everyone. Are there different length dipsticks for trimatics? A guy I know reckons that they are different length for v8 and 6. I need to know this as my dipstick has no stick, its just the plug :blink: I tried the dipstick from my old trans but it doesnt read anything. Im not sure if there is just not enough oil in there or if there are v8 and 6 cyl dipsticks. Heaps of oil poured out onto my arm when I was changing the vacuum thingy at the back of the trans (please take note of technical terms used) it was bloody hot too. So that could be why it doesnt read anything. Anyway could someone please get back to me asap :rockon:

Cheers

#2 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

Azza,
I just measured a V8 Trimatic dipstick I have a spare V8 and Trimatic stored in the Garage, I can tell you from the stopper at the top of the stick to the very end at the bottom is 645mm, measure yours .

#3 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

Yeh mine is only 580mm. If I cant find one around SA how much do you want for yours?

#4 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

Azza, Im not selling, just squirelling away a few bits and pieces. There will be plenty of trimatics around, ring a few wreckers in your area. You only need a dipstick dont ya. To get out of trouble get a coathanger, put a bit of tape at 645mm stick it in and check for some fluid on the bottom, till ya get the proper dipstick, dont drop the thing down the tube though !!! leave it plenty long at the top.

#5 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:35 PM

at the moment my 6cyl one is in there. Im just about to go out cruising with my mate who owns a 253 lx hatch, ill borrow his for a sec to check it.

Cheers

#6 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

If you get stuck for a dipstick by the end of the week let me know, i'm in adelaide hills & have a few V8 ones (sticks & tubes).

PM me if needed. i wont be able to check until friday though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users