xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Good Luck with the Price Tim, if the Dentist gets offered Two Million Dollars for the Green GTHO Phase 4, I hope u get close to $500,000 as HDT Cars are rare as, and coming from Harry Firth's Skunk Works with his great crew and drivers all playing a hand in these great HDT Cars.

AL

#52 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

I wouldn't sell my Christine Cole Bathurst replica for less than 20k.

#53 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Wish my dad was rich...

#54 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

ah Grasshopper (Skap)..your father is rich beyond imagination...as he has you for a son...( camera  zooms out to distant shot of some mountains with snow covered peaks etc etc )

#55 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,835 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

That's cool man!!!

#56 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

I wouldn't sell my Christine Cole Bathurst replica for less than 20k.

Met her at Bathurst.

Mates aunty.

#57 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

The thing that non race car people need to understand is this: when you see a car like this for sale, it's not just the physical car you see in front if you that is the whole entity that is being sold, it's the history attached to the car that is often worth the $. In the case of historic touring cars, the car has to be the original shell to be worth anything, as the shell holds the history. A car with race history is worth a lot more than one without. Especially when there is an active race series (www.heritagetouringcars.com au) for the real cars in operation.

You can't race in that series in a replica. It has to be proven to be the original car, no replicas allowed. Who would want a $20000 replica racing against million dollar irreplaceable cars? Not the owners of the irreplaceable ones thats for sure. The hdt slr5000 has the C of D to race. I hope someone does race it, Brock cars are thin on the ground out there.

Basically what I'm getting at is, some people get why cars like this are worth the money, some dont. The 92 bathurst winner sold for $1000000, honestly I dont think the new owner gives a flying frOck that he could buy a normal r32 gtr from chris's jdm sale page for $10000, the car that appealed to him is the one with the history. One is revered, one is just a japanese commodore.

#58 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

Yep.

#59 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

As the owner of an LJ XU1 with Group C provenance and history I have been following this thread with much interest. The bottom line is that to the right buyer a race car with a famous driver and history and provenance will almost certainly bring a "high" price. The Brock/ Chivas XU1 sold for MORE than everyone thinks, I used to work with the previous owner and I. along with others at the time urged him to accept the unsolicited offer he got at the time. My personal belief regarding this car is tha t it will do well, how well, don't know, and as it has apparently not been to auction yet it is pure speculation as to whether it is worth it or not worth it. After all the newspapers are never wrong? Correct?.

#60 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

Met her at Bathurst.
Mates aunty.

I met her at Harry Firths funeral, lovely lady and up for a chat. Freddy didn't know what was going on and I think he cricked his neck keeping an eye on her once he saw a spunk like me chattin' her up!

Had a good chat to Don Holland at T/Fest a couple of years ago about Jan too.

Attached Files

#61 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

$500 000 isnt an unrealistic figure.

Just hope the owner can find a buyer

#62 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,125 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

$500 000 isnt an unrealistic figure.
Just hope the owner can find a buyer

No everybody has 1/2 a mil spare

#63 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Obviously Gene its not a car for everybody.

But considering an offer of 200k was made for a set of tags from an old racer around 10 years ago its not an unrealistic figure

#64 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Timmy Dustings , stick it up em sunshine ha ha , most of the road car guys have no idea what you and the old man have , its a one off ! not one of 58 of the 100 a9x hatchbacks left ! , yes these race cars are one offs , and this one is HDT with brock DNA ....  And yes its worth 400k - 500k all day , sameboat as the 73 HDT brock XU1 that sold for 500k around 8 years ago , lets not forget the janson hatchback that changed hands for 360k or the Winfield skyline at 1.2 million. good luck with the sale it only takes one person who has the cash and really wants it . 

#65 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

I'm always amused by people's opinions on race car's and road car's  there especially pricing..

ex-race cars and race cars are in a league of there own and when they have documented history and known race history with legendary driver's and teams who

raced them the sky's the limit on price,I personally don't care what the asking price..the market will eventually sort that out or a astute collector will..

race car's and one off's  survivor's have a important part of our Australian race history as this car in question..

There's always going to be opinions about the price,..the problem is find another one to compare with you won't...

#66 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

The 5000 is a unique car as it was the only one , the stepping stone from the XU1's to the L34 for HDT and it has a pretty bloody good win / loss ratio with 2 gun drivers from the most successful race team of that era.

I have been fortunate enough to see the car prior , during and finished re the restoration process and it is perfectly executed ...... it is without doubt a very significant race car , a much maligned race car but a very successful one.

Ex HDT cars are the pick of the bunch for the serious race car collector so i hope the family exceed their expectation and get toward or better than the figure quoted in the press , ultimately the current market will dictate it's worth at this point in time and if the family decide that it's the right number then it may well be sold ...... that's their business.

I have been through this process with an ex HDT car a few years back and heard all the same stuff ...... only needs one buyer , that's the reality of it .....

Good luck with it Hatfields ......

#67 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Personally, IMO, this is just a cricket bat that can be purchased for $20 from big W. 

Same same. 

http://www.abc.net.a...auction/5466768

I agree with the last couple of posts fully. 

Cheers. 

#68 Davis

Davis

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Name:Drew
  • Car:LC 2 door

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

http://www.v8sleuth....au/classifieds/

Current race cars for sale...including the HDT SLR5000

#69 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

Shit site,,,, POA. ! List a frOcken price.

#70 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

Shit site,,,, POA. ! List a frOcken price.

Maybe they want a bit bit of privacy when disclosing how much they are asking.
Generally when I have seen POA, the item has been way above what I could afford.
It's really only my selfish desire to know what they want $ wise even though I know I couldn't afford it.
People with that sort of money wouldn't care if the price was disclosed, said offers above or POA. They would just contact the seller and start negotiations.

But I would respect the seller in that privacy, I really don't need to know how much they made selling the car.

#71 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

The price its for sale for is less than the 500k thats been touted but I didnt say that.

#72 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

Is this beast still in the family? Would love to  own it more than than the Torry. Imagine the looks you would get cruzin the strip,just sayin.  :stirpot:

#73 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Not the same Hatfield ?????

#74 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

That thing was sold to a bloke in the US a few years ago. 

#75 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Not the same Hatfield ?????

Don't know ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users