Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

G'day All

Well last Sunday my car club, the Cootamundra Antique Motor Club had a run to Temora for the South West Get-Together

This is having all of the clubs in our area ie Temora, Grenfel, Young, Cowra, Yass, Gundagai and Wagga being hosted by one of those clubs once a year

This time is was Temora's turn and they put on a fantastic luncheon (free) at a great venue which is the Temora Rural Museum

The Rural Museum has only one working day on which all of the machines are operating and that was on Saturday, then any other day, it is just like any other museum and has a static display

There were over 70 cars of all shapes and ages with the Wagga Mustang Club having 6 of their cars on display

These are some of my car club's cars

SW-Getogether-1.jpg

Yes, that is a left hand drive Studebaker that Alan had imported from the States

SW-Getogether-7.jpg

AND some of the Musuems machines

SW-Getogether-9.jpg

The steam engine on the right, operates a stamping mill which is used to crush ore for gold mining

SW-Getogether-10.jpg

BUT, the best part and one of which I have been wanting to see for while now was the Ambulance Museum (still in the Rural Museum grounds)

SW-Getogether-4.jpg

Over 18 ambulances in this one new shed and most of it due to the passionate efforts of one man, Eddie

This is him with his original FJ Temora Ambulance

SW-Getogether-3.jpg

He started out restoring FJ's then when he did the FJ Temora Ambulance it "sort of" snowballed on from there

This is a model of an Air Ambulance which represents another project Eddis is taking on, for the real thing is being made ready to come down from Northern Territory to be placed in the Ambulance Museum

SW-Getogether-8.jpg

Too bloody big to fit in that very large shed full of ambulances you may ask   :dontknow:

Not a problem, they have purchased the large block next door and they will build a BLOODY BIGGER shed on it to not only house the plane but the rest of the ambulances  :spoton:  Plus Eddie told me they are getting another ambulance soon which just happens to be a Mercedes

Four of the ambulances in their collection have been in TV series like Gallipoli, Love Child, A Place Called Home and Underbelly

Eddies FJ missed out by one year for Love Child but they still had one in their collection for the era of that series

The Rural and Ambulance Museums are in one complex but there is also the Temora Aviation Museum http://www.aviationm...ng_dates/ which does have about 1 flying weekend each month with Spitfires, Comet, Wirraway etc so Temora is a great place to visit

The only bummer for the day out was my missus's Hatch which unfortunately had to endure road works on the way over and unfortunately for me, I had to wash it when we got home

SW-Getogether-2.jpg

Barry

#2 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

nice Barry....brings back some old memories for me...by old grandad had a very similar old ( New then ) Wolsley  back in the day.

Was a classy old thing with its polished wood type dash panel...when Holdens / Fords of the day had  painted steel type dashes with a bit of chrome.

Ta mate.

#3 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

Is this the museum that also has world war 2 fighter planes ?, great pics.

regards

#4 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:18 PM

Is this the museum that also has world war 2 fighter planes ?, great pics.

regards

The link I put in will take you to the Temora Aviation Museum site as it is separate to the Rural Museum and at opposite ends of the town

It does have 2 WW2 flying Spitfires along with a lot of other aircraft AND if anyone wants to go to their flying weekends ie Sat/Sun then I would strongly advise them to book early for accommodation as Temora gets booked out as well as our town and anything within an hrs drive of Temora

It's a great weekend and can get crowds of 5,000 to 7,000 for the weekend and has had visits by the RAAF Roulettes

Barry

#5 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Thanks.

Regards

#6 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for showing us your local attractions Barry. Some rich heritage about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users