Hydraulic clutch??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _MY75LH_

_MY75LH_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 253, 4 speed equipped LH, and I was wondering if anyone knew of where I could obtain a hydraulic clutch system to replace the existing rat trap set up?

#2 slr5640

slr5640

XA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Name:Brian

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

Castlemaine Rod Shop make them also Dellow.
There is some one this site wanting to buy a rat trap set up .I think its racyrabbit.
I'm sure he'll be in touch. :D
If he doesn't want it could I put my hand up for it?

Edited by slr5640, 24 July 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#3 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Rare Spares - Product Code: HCK2B - $455

American Auto Parts https://www.american....au/secure.html
Code: FK8612H-V8 - $409.95

And Dellow Automothive have them listed in their catalogue but don't list a price.

http://www.dellowauto.com.au/main.html

#4 _LX_SS_

_LX_SS_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

best way honestly is to make your own, the crs ones and that are the ones on the shit 45 degree angle, look crap and hit lots of shit

#5 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

the best way to go if you dont want the rat trap system is commodore. you will need a for eg: a early commodore bell housing, clutch fork, release bearing, clutch cable and a uc torana manual clutch pedal. yes i know the pedals are hard to get but in the end you have a good soft clutch pedal. for about the same price if not cheaper.

cheers

#6 _MY75LH_

_MY75LH_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

the best way to go if you dont want the rat trap system is commodore. you will need a for eg: a early commodore bell housing, clutch fork, release bearing, clutch cable and a uc torana manual clutch pedal. yes i know the pedals are hard to get but in the end you have a good soft clutch pedal. for about the same price if not cheaper.

cheers

I've done the rounds of most of the wreckers looking for an alternative (i.e. cable set up) but the parts are near on impossible to find, that's why I'm looking at a hydraulic and the fact that I want some clearance for my pacemakers.

I'll be hanging onto the rat trap system for a while, cos I've got an early LX hatch that has the same set up in it.

#7 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:30 AM

does anyone have pictures of the difference between the UC and LH/X pedals???

#8 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

does anyone have pictures of the difference between the UC and LH/X pedals???

the uc pedal has a hook where the cable connects to. im sure the rest of the stuff is easy to get. they can be any v8 commodore from VB VC VH VK and WB V8.
even if we had a sample maybe we can modify a lh lx one by welding a hook on ???.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users