lh torana

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

Any one have a foolproof method of how to remove the key tumbler it is locked on at moment and cant get it out , I have taken steering wheel and turn signal parts out and have had no luck as diagrams in books leave a lot to be desired , TREX

#2 _Chaotic_

_Chaotic_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

sometimes you have to have key in and set to accessories position to remove the ignition barrel, not completey sure with torrys as haven't had one apart. any roll pins or anything holding it together?

#3 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:08 AM

See this thread:

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=7451

#4 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Thank you but still cant get it out , will see when new one arrives how it goes together and see if i can work it out from that , if not pay a locksmith to come and change it , TREX

#5 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:08 AM

They can be tricky sometimes. Sorry I didn't see the first time I read your post that it was locked on...
The ignition barrel is connected to a shaft that unlatches the steering wheel (The steering wheel has a series of slots inside the boss that stop it turning when the bolt is moved up) as well as moves a thick wire rod downwards that is connected to the ignition switch when the key is turned. It's a rack and pinion arrangement inside the steering column. The barrel is just attached to the end of the pinion shaft by the circlip.

Edit: try undoing the two hex screws that your ignition switch is attached to the column by... The switch's position can be adjusted - maybe it has moved. (Just guessing). You will have to undo the 3 steering column bolts under the dash to get to the ignition switch though.

Edited by Flamenco, 26 July 2006 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users