BP Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

well it has been a long time coming, and the finally have it at BP servos

does everyone use it in there high performance V8s and 6s??

what is the blend? lots of ethanol in it at all?

i normally run premium with nulon race octane booster so i will be interested to see if it makes any difference in how my toy will run, will try it tomorrow i reckon :D i suppose it would only show if it was on a chassis dyno?

what is everyones opinion?
CHEERS! :spoton:

#2 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

I am not sure, dad gets free fuel from his company so he use's alot of this stuff I think so i'll ask him how it is...

Oh yeah, Happy 27th birthday!

Edited by Liam.W, 28 July 2006 - 08:29 AM.

#3 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

I use BP Ultimate exclusively in the HQ...

Its bloody great! I dont think its got any more ethanol than any other fuel, i dont know what chemical they use as the octane booster!

Its the best pump fuel ive found other than Mobil 8000.

Cheers!

#4 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hey Tiny, Do you know what the octane rating of this is????

I run mine on premium and it is absolute crap, timing is set at 3 degrees to stop it pinging and still opening her up is out of the question. I dont use any octane booster as it makes little if any difference and still doesn't allow me to advance the timing anymore than 3 degrees, and it's fairly expesive stuff if you were to use it regualry.

Will be interesting to see how this stuff goes, I swear the fuel down here is full of water.

#5 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:26 PM

Yeah mate the Ultimate ( in sydney at least! I assume its the same everywhere) is 98RON.

I was led to belive that BP was the only company who sold their ultimate as "98 ROn MINIMUM"... not as some other compaines literature said "Up to 98"....

I've had the best results with the Ultimate, and mobil's 8000. Apparently theyre the same fuel!

We pay 10cpl more for ultimate than regular unleaded here.

Cheers!

#6 shanegtr

shanegtr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Name:Shane
  • Car:LJ 2 door
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

I used to run the torana on ultimate when it was in Perth. But the best fuel here is just plain old run of the mill premium. Which dosent seem to be much chop

#7 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:33 PM

98 minimum is pretty good I spose, and 10c per litre wont worry me too much as it's hardly driven and im paying over $1.50L for crap now anyway :cry:

I can get avgas for $1.80L, If only it was street legal, Would it hurt to run 10L or 15L of avgas per tank?

#8 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:58 PM

I used to use BP Ultimate in the old 202 and that loved it, ran so much better with it. Also there was no pining noises if I used this fuel, but with regular unleaded or premium there was pinging. However it did seem to chew through the Ultimate a lot more than the other fuels. I got most mileage out of a tank of premium, next was regular unleaded and then ultimate.

#9 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Ive never run avgas myself, but from what i was told mixing half a tank of AV with premium actually yields excellent results. Apparently the lead in the Avgas changes the octane of both fuels when mixed for the better! Like ALOT better i was told!

Alas.. Avgas isnt legal on the street..... *GRIN*

#10 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

i swear by avgas, if only it wasnt such an ordeal to keep a constant supply, as my car drinks like an irishman at a wake. it takes 1/2 a tank to do about 100km and thats driving like a grandma

#11 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

Alas.. Avgas isnt legal on the street..... *GRIN*

.....*GRIN*.....

My brother is in the process of getting me a 44 gallon drum, so im going to grab 20l everytime I get the chance and fill it up.

#12 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

:clap:

#13 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:28 PM

my car only runs on ultimate! it runs shit on anything else. I havnt tried mobil though. if I run mine on standard premium it runs on and pings. I cant recommend the stuff more!

#14 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

How much does Avgas cost ?

#15 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:35 PM

I noticed that Ultimate was here (Tassie) the other day so I'll be trying the SLR out on it soon.

Hey Les just bolting up the new heads, might have to talk to you :D

#16 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

I noticed that Ultimate was here (Tassie) the other day so I'll be trying the SLR out on it soon.

Hey Les just bolting up the new heads, might have to talk to you :D

#17 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

ultimate was the only thing i ussed to run the 202 on with some of the upperclyinder lube stuff. was the best stuff for it ran better, went further, went harder to if the gravel road i used to live on is any thing to go by :tease: :spoton: :rockon:

cheers russell

#18 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:51 PM

i get avgas for 7c a litre more then ultimate :D but of course its for my ultralite :spoton:

#19 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

I've had the best results with the Ultimate, and mobil's 8000. Apparently theyre the same fuel!

When i was still on PULP i found Mobil 8000 to be the best and it was the only thing i would put in my tank.

BUT... LPG goes faster. :tease: :spoton:

Steve

#20 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

Eagle - You have PM

#21 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

if you use water / alcohol injection you can run regular but of course then you need a drum of methanol handy :D

#22 _Homer.J_

_Homer.J_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

I've used PULP since 2000 & have never found there to be that much difference between all the companies. I do try & use the 98 ron when I can but if I have to use the 95 ron PULP I never tell the difference. I have a 2 ltr Turbo & a 5 ltr Torrie which I use the flash lube in & never seem to notice the difference. The only thing I hate is companies charging 10 cents extra now for the 98 ron, it used to be between 6 & 8 cents but when they introduced all there fancy names I guess they had to pay to advertise them. :finger:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users