#1 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hi guys,  I currently have HT engine mounts on my 308 and will be replacing the rubber mounts but before I do, I was wondering if anyone is using these and had any issues.  I've read some of the threads but most compare original mounts to HQ.  The HT mounts are same height as HQ at 45mm but I'm not sure if there are differences in the bolt hole locations.  I have had the block in the car (not currently) to dummy up some things and don't see any glaring problems, but take on board I have little (read none) mechanical experience.  I haven't got the distributor and not sure on pinion anglers but the block does seem to drop down toward the rear, even with correct trans Xmember.  Extractors and sump don't appear to have any clearance issues.  I will be running:

Stroked 308

Pacemaker extractors

High Energy sump

T400 auto

Harrop dual plane

Holley Avenger carb

Cheers Ron

#2 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Ron

Mount adapters you talking about are HT-HG. They are different to HQ-WB mount adapters and the mounts themselves are different. But the combination of the two is identical in fitment, and the HQ-WB (and VB-VSIII and LH-LX) mounts are cheaper. So if it was me i'd just get some HQ-WB mount adapters and buy the appropriate engine mounts.

Note that HT-HG have the bolt holes on the edges but HQ-WB have holes in the middle of the adapter and the mounts have studs that come through these holes.

#3 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for that.  Seeing I already have the HT-HG mount brackets, I was thinking of simply buying a set of HT-HG rubber mounts to match the brackets.  I agree they are a bit dearer that the HQ-WB mounts and if anyone raises some with bad experiences I'll consider swapping to HG-WB.  Cheers Ron

#4 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

The HQ-WB are superior strength wise I think. You'll pickup HQ-WB mount adapters for bugger all. You'll buy a whole 253 for $100!

Then sell the HT-HG ones on Ebay.

#5 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Interesting point re: strength. Given it's going to be strong motor I hadn't thought about differing strengths.  I wonder if anyone has some info on that?  I have a 253 engine which came out of the car so not much benefit there LOL. Cheers Ron

#6 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

The 253 from the car should have the mount adapters you need.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users