Finally got my insurance!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

Well after 2 years and 7 months of owning this torana, i have finally got insurance! Never had it before, silly i know, lucky enough never to get into trouble, though i have come close once or twice.

Called up ray white insurance, because i work there, we get 10% off. But when they asked me the question about modifications, they said no, and to call shannons!

So i did.

20 mins later, i had agreed value of 5k without pictures, 8k with pictures (which i sent in today and they were happy with), for $420 a year, with $500 excess + $400 age excess = $900 all up.
So i paid for a year, and am from now on covered!
Its a good feeling :)

Im 22, and thought that getting full comprehensive insurance for an extremely modified car would be hard! But shannons made it easy :)
Lucky i guess, still got the shannons sticker across my windscreen!

Highly recommended!

A1

#2 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Well done, l have always found Shannons to be great. At least they try and keep up with market values unlike some other nameless insurance Co's......

#3 _G-Train_

_G-Train_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

Did you tell them about ALL mods or just the Aesthetic mods?

I know the premium goes through the roof when you start talking about modded head, if they insure it at all?

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

Not with Shannons they dont. Walshy looked after you matey! :clap: Well done.
R

#5 _torana06_

_torana06_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:04 PM

good stuff shannons i just insured my torrie their to for $826 for the year pretty happy considering other insurance companies wouldnt give me a look for being young and driving a v8

#6 _Terrible One_

_Terrible One_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

So I've actually got a chance of getting insurance even though I'm 19 and have a heavily modified Torry?

Some mates of mine pay $2k a year for standard imported cars (some non turbo aswell!)

#7 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

So I've actually got a chance of getting insurance even though I'm 19 and have a heavily modified Torry?

Some mates of mine pay $2k a year for standard imported cars (some non turbo aswell!)

ring justcars unlimited mods :)

#8 _torana06_

_torana06_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:06 PM

ring them up no worries for insurance

#9 _lcxu1_

_lcxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

Shannons have been good to me, my original condition HR Premier, comp insurance, used 2 - 3 times a month, $114.00 a year, the Torana, as laid up for $87.00 a year.

Regards Simon

#10 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

She said covered for ALL mods, and when i sent the pictures in, i listed every single mod i could think of, she then called me up the next day and said all good :spoton:

I did think it would be a lot more expensive, but im very happy with the outcome!

A1

#11 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:40 PM

doh!

Edited by draglc, 30 July 2006 - 06:40 PM.

#12 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

look at the "Cheap comprehensive insurance" thread that i started way back for insurance prices. Im with GIO vintage and veterans insurance, they dont care about mods, i was 17 when i got insured, had 1 month driving experience, and got it for agreed value of 10gs with salvage rights and choice of repairer, for 300 and something bucks. see the thread for more info.
CHEERS Chris :rockon:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users