Turbo Prices

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Bigmac123_99_

_Bigmac123_99_
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hey Guys,
just wondering how much roughly i would be looking at to put a turbo into my LH. Its got a brand new race 202 in her but i wanna run boost though her. nothing massive just to get her up and going quicker.
price estimates and wrk involved would be great. thanks in advance.

#2 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

humm if your engine is new that will save you some dollers. injection
will cost more $5000 0r $6000 should do it! :huh: but there are back yarders out there doing it cheaper
if you arnt mecanical minded find your self a good engineer to build some manifolds for starters if you want to do a old draw through set up find your self a
set of old garrett manifolds makes it a lot easier ! :D

cheers

#3 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:33 PM

you can do it fairly cheep
first you need low comp pistons
then use VK comodore injection intake manifold and modified exhaust manifold to mount turbo too and use a pair of cd stromies and water/meth injection, thee was a white lj a few years back had this setup and 300 rwhp

opps and its a blue 202

#4 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

it will cost heaps and the results will be disapointing.
your engine will be of no use,sell it and start again.

#5 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

it will cost heaps and the results will be disapointing.
your engine will be of no use,sell it and start again.

what are you talking about JAP MAN ! you could make over 500 hp on HQ race pistons, he would only need to drop comp down changing the head . as he said he is looking for a mild set up ! theirs a fella up in north QLD selling a 3.3 on ebay that engine makes 600hp flywheel,9.2 1/4 mile with a old garrett draw through "hehe" lol tell that to essi 10s :spit: yer well its an old push rod 6 . not every one can or has the money to stick a RB30 turbo with 700 hp in the tory, but shit yes it would be nice ! how much have you spent setting that ricer up in that torana of yours ! buy the looks of it a lot more then heaps i bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users