Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:42 PM

G'day all

Not everyone can lay claim that they have been in a newspaper with a large circulation and it can have its advantages.

The Land newspaper asked the Cootamundra Antique Motor Club if they could supply a couple of cars and some of their members for a photo and story on the up-coming Swap Meet & the town's Wattle Time Expo..

The Expo is for manufacturers, sales and service business's to show their wares and services to the masses.

The organiser of the Expo decided that as the Cootamundra Antique Motor Club was having their 15th Annual Father's Day Swap Meet on the weekend of 2/3 of September, then they would have their event on the same weekend to take advantage of the crowd coming to our Swap Meet.

T's a bit of a hi-jacking our weekend thing but it will benefit the town.

The Land newspaper photographer took some shots and I provided the basis of the story and this was the end result.

Posted Image

This is great free publicity for our Swap Meet, our car club and of course the town.

As a "PS" to this story, this article was in the issue of the Land which came out last Thursday.

On that Thursday night I recieved a phone call from a fella in Camden who had seen the article. He phoned one of the contact numbers for the Swap Meet to ask for my phone number.

Yep ! You guessed it.................. He wanted to buy wee beastie. :blink:

Our 15th Annual Swap Meet is on September 2 & 3 and is at the Cootamundra Showgrounds cnr of Pinkerton Rd and Berthong St. Main day is Sunday and opens at 6 am. Contact Don on 02 6942 6374 or Geoff 02 6942 7307.

All indoor pavilion sites have been booked but there are generous sized outdoor sites available.

Regards ...................... Barry

#2 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

Well done Barry good pic have you started you engine build yet?

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

onya barry.....

#4 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:49 PM

Well Barry are you going to sell it to him???? only trouble is if you do that where are you going to find another one??? I suppose you may even have something in the pipeline perhaps??

scooter :spoton:

#5 _Feigz_

_Feigz_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

I think it would have to be a fairly significant offer for Barry to part with the second love of his life. :spoton:

#6 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

Good Stuff Barry, I think wee beastie is best left where it is atm.

#7 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

G'day All

mrlctorana
Wee beastie is definitely should be left where it is ATM as it is in Young with no motor in it and unless I am going to instal pedals :blink: it is going nowhere.

Feigz
Absolutely right Andrew, it would definitely have to be a very substantial offer for me to sell the 2nd love of my life although at times I have been tempted to sell the 1st one :tease:

scooter
There is something in the pipeline although that should be somethingS. AND no it is not the XU-1 and Bathurst Monaro I know about but is another 2 cars in the same genre.
One is in a shed in Whoop Whoop and the other not that far away. These 2 I have only just heard about and may or not be available.

GML-31
"Onya Barry" is right, I never let a chance go by especially when I can get free advertising and that spread in the Land Newspaper would probably be worth hundreds of $$$$$ for that amount of exposure.

LC69GTR
As just previously said the car is in Young and the motor should be back from Sydney very soon.
I have asked Ben to take some pics of it without motor etc so I hope he has done that for me. If he has then I will put some up on the forum when I get the car back.

Bloody shed looks bare without wee beastie in it, kinda miss it a bit :cry: :cry:

I shall keep in touch, regards ............ Barry

#8 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

Great stuff baz! The land newspaper has a massive circulation so thats excellent!

:spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users