NO headlights

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

Just thought id share my last weekend experience with you all. My XU1 has pretty much been locked away.
anyway I recently was perswaded into joining a car club and puting club reg on the car.
I must admit i havnt driven my XU1 at night for many years (or day for that matter) well on saturday i went on a club run took me about 45mins to get there, i arrived at around 2.30 in the arvo, all was good until at about 8pm was time to head home. I started the old girl up turned on the headlights and all i had was parkers. Bugger me dead a filthy mouse had ring barked the plastic coating from my headlight wires and chewed right through the drivers side wires.
I managed to get the passengerside to work on high and low beam and drove home.

easy repair and while im at it im removing the H4 and relays and returning it back to stock sealed beams

cheers
GTR-XU1

#2 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:13 PM

So do you have it sorted? Parkers will only work for some reason when you have a faulty floor mounted dipper switch. Dunno why that is, but a common problem.

#3 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

I hope you found the culprit and ringbarked HIM!

#4 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

if i catch him ill feed to one of my snakes

#5 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

headlights are all fixed.

I removed the H4 lights and relays soldered and shrinkwrapped new plugs on (perfect condition LJ secondhand ones) and sealed beams.

cheers
GTR-XU1

#6 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

ouch, thats not good! i had to fix all my headlights... Was driving home from my gf's up through Emerald with nice corners! Great in the day, but hit the highbeam switch and all the lights went off! Shat my pants and i to quickly pull over safely.... Still never worked out why it happened, just checked all the connections and it worked again..

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

that reminds me, ive got some bucket seats stored in the shed, ive heard they like to make houses in car seats sitting around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users