#1 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Anyone know about this?

Copied from another web site.

12654368_1689315271357759_51418028404426

Seeking Competitor Support For Scenic Rim Motorplex

The Scenic Rim Motor Sport Association (SRMSA) is seeking the support of competitor associations to show the Queensland Government of the extent of support to construct a multi discipline motorsport venue in the Scenic Rim Shire.

We are asking for a letter of recommendation and support from your association to show your support and how your association could utilise the venue. This will be forwarded to the various Government departments to assist to secure the land and construct this community based venue.

The Association is confident of a positive result for an upcoming decision by the Department of State Development (DSD) on a parcel of land, owned by Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM), in excess of 13,000 acres to be allocated to the people of the Scenic Rim District.

The SRMSA wishes to construct a community based facility including a motorplex focusing on grass roots motorsports. 
Once completed the association hopes to include as many as sixteen different types of motorsport disciplines at the one venue, including a speedway.

Also at the Venue the SRMSA plans to include community based facilities such as walking tracks, play areas, recreation areas and multi use area for displays, cars shows, training facilities etc.
A special effort is being made to include a safe and secure facility for community based driver training for the youth of the Scenic Rim and surrounds. 

It is envisaged that the motorplex will have a flow on effect into the local community by providing much needed employment and infrastructure into the area. 

We foresee your association utilising this facility to its fullest, pending a favourable departmental decision. 

For further information please contact our President, Bruce Brown, 0402 363 366.

Alternatively Pm me and I'll forward on an information sheet outlining further details.

We look forward to your reply and support.

Very best regards

Damien Wise
Member Number 423
Scenic Rim Motorsports Association

#2 _mervx_

_mervx_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

HI,doubt this will happen. they will be building houses here soon enough. you can see the MX track, I think they had to close down. too many horse farms nearby owned by rich people. would be great otherwise.

I read the airport guys in Toowoomba were building a "bathhurst" track next to airport. any news?

#3 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

^ Haven't heard anything in ages

#4 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

HI,doubt this will happen. they will be building houses here soon enough. you can see the MX track, I think they had to close down. too many horse farms nearby owned by rich people. would be great otherwise.

I read the airport guys in Toowoomba were building a "bathhurst" track next to airport. any news?

Dunno about houses, well perhaps rural residential, but you would be right about all the rich horse owners ;).

Will be an uphill battle getting that proposal approved, .,

Where do you live?

Edited by Skapinad, 02 February 2016 - 05:34 PM.

#5 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

It'll be good if it does go ahead.

#6 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

Hell yes Kerri...

But I reckon the long standing locals and large influential land owners will shut that down... I'm a fair hike from Willowbank but can hear it quite clearly if the prevailing breeze is blowing in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users