#27 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

Just the other night, I picked up an LX to wreck for parts. The brakes weren't working and the engine didn't start. It was out the front of my house on the trailer. I undid the chains etc, got in the car took it out of gear and expected it to roll back bcoz I was on a slight hill. It didn't move, so I reached out the window and tried to reach the side of the trailer with my hand but couldn't reach. So I kneel on the seat, put the top half of my body out the window, grab the trailer and try to pull the car backwards. After a bit of grunting it starts to move then it takes off, so here I am careering down the ramps backwards in the dark half out the flamin window, I finally get into the seat, slam my foot onto the brake pedal and it goes to the floor. Finally I remembered where the the hand brake is on an LX and all was back to normal !!!

#28 _Hotrodder_

_Hotrodder_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:56 PM

I remember many years ago my dad spent a couple of hours reco-ing the carby on his FJ, when he put it all back together it wouldnt start, ran the battery flat trying so what do you do? Tow-start it of course.
So here I am in the drivers seat of the FJ (unlicensed as I was only 15 or 16 at the time) with dad in tha valiant towing me for about 4 miles and it still wouldnt go.
He cracked the shits and pulled the carby off again to find his home-made gasket didnt have a hole in the middle, no air/fuel means it dont go. he was really pissed at himself for that one, and we never let him forget it either.

#29 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

The body of my car had just been painted about 1 hour before and was sitting baking, doors had already been painted, was carrying them past the fresh purple paint admiring my work when i ran the drivers door into the back of the car. I was so pissed i didnt fix it and left it as a reminder of stupidity.

Oh yeah, got P's, smothered rears in ATF and decided to do a burnout almost all the way home(800m) stopped half way through when a car flashed me for not haven me light on, turned out to be un-marked coppers.
My mum made me apologise to the nice officers, lol they loved it.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#30 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

we should copyrite all this and make a book!!!! profits to the forums.

Purely classic.

RIM the paint on the roof bit, OMG that would of hurt.

#31 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

So here I am in the drivers seat of the FJ (unlicensed as I was only 15 or 16 at the time) with dad in tha valiant towing me for about 4 miles and it still wouldnt go.

Been there done that - but I was 4 or 5, the car was an early series short wheel base landrover and the tow vehicle was an equally early Caterpillar dozer. Dad was quite spry back then (early 60s) started the dozer jumped off and jumped into the landrover and waited till I got to the end of the rope. Really I suppose, I did nothing more that just turn the key off. And the landrover did start.

#32 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:58 PM

Some thing dumd "a freind done to his brothers freshly painted / rebuilt 355
One tonner witch he did all the work on. was when the ute was near finished he was fitting the ignition cut out switch on the B&M shifter , and you gessed it,
Tt started in reverse fly out of the shed smoking the tyers smashing in to the door of his moms ea f##d that he had just finished painting the roof of, he hit the gass pedel instead of the brake! The utes passangers door was open a bit and got hooked up on the compresser . and bent right back to the gaurd . he wasent a happy camper i tell you ! :D

cheers

#33 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

Nah, everyone loved my custom blackouts...

Really though, we gave it a wipe with thineers and it was no worries.

To give you an idea of the condition that the car was in to start with, its a HK that had been raced in Dirt Circuit and speedway for about 20 years... She was fairly trashed. layers upon layers of different racing colours. literally.i sanded a bit back, and there was red, yellow, blue, green, orange, red, yellow, white, metal.

Prabably more weight in paint than metal...

RIM

#34 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2006 - 08:04 PM

when i got my torrie going again we where running the cam in infront of the shed, after doing that which ended up being a pain in the arse due to secondries flooding in the carb i had borrowed( bit of shit in the needle and seat), we ran it up on stands to do warm the trans up a bit and check the oil level, i switched it off and took it off the stands

hopped in the car to start it up again, put it in park and pumped the accelrator and it fired and launched into the gate which was a couple of feet away, the farken thing was in first gear still, the bloody shifter cable had melted and seized the cable about half way along, but when i shifted it up top the cable just pushed out the melted hole in its cover

the dumb thing is we couldnt figure out why it wasnt shifting into top gear(powerglide), so i said "i cant be bothered today. i will put it back into the shed" and didnt think twice about it being stuck in first :fool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users