A9X Hatch chrome mouldings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _HILLY_

_HILLY_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

I noticed at the masters recently that there were several hatches that had the chrome moulding around the doors. I thought that this was an SL feature only. Does anyone know how common this is to have the chrome on A9X hatches?

#2 _HILLY_

_HILLY_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

Also noticed some had cigarette lighters that looked like they were from a HJ/X/Z. Were these used in later models or something, or is this non original.

#3 _Fairdinkum_

_Fairdinkum_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

As far as i know, the chrome moulding around the doors (windows) is the correct way an A9X Hatch should be finished and was the way they came from the factory.

#4 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:33 PM

That's what I think too ^. I didn't notice any different cigar lighters while I was there, thought they all had the flame logo on them... Mick will know.

#5 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:02 AM

The chrome moulds on hatches are correct, remember it's based on an SS hatch and they have them, whilst sedans do not. You will also notice the black paint is done differently on a hatch to a sedan because of those chrome strips. As for the cigarette lighters, they should be the same as any other LX, not the same as HZ.

#6 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:18 AM

As RED says the road cars have the strip as it was a running change to the SS 5000 and SLR 5000 production. From memory most of the race shells had the chrome strip deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users