cheviot wheels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _fatA9X_

_fatA9X_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

hi guys just bought a pair of cheviot armoulites in 14 x 9.25 in good nick and they fit good but i noticed now on inside of rim they have cast into them for offroad use only my fronts dont have this are they still able to be used on the street has anyone else got this on there wheels. i thought maybe its only coz there so wide any ideas. thanks wayne

#2 _fatA9X_

_fatA9X_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

just gonna use em anyway

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

ive seen these wheels before and i think that some elements are left out/changed from the normal road wheels at manufacturing to make them lighter.
the warning is to cover cheviot for laibility if you hit a pot hole or something and the rim fails (i am not talking warrenty on the rim here, think coroners court)hence they are not manufactured to the road safety standard.

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

Wayne, Being ex tyre industry..this was stamped into anything that was over the legal limit ...especially race wheels for..as it was said...liabiltity purposes. They are made the same as the other wheels...drive it and forget it. Might be an idea to inform the insurance company tho.
Rory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users