308 into LJ Sump

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Hey all.

I have this sump that I picked up today from a mate, that apparently suits a 308 into LC/LJ. Nooow, the problem I see is, is it doesnt look like it will hold enough oil.

I have been told that the more predominant design for this is to be a bit deeper at the back end, or with a duel pick up? (if thats just rumour or not, im not sure).

This one was just cut and welded, and I will re-weld + grind and dress up a bit before using if it will work. What is your opinion? Do you think it is a goer, or a thrower?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

Put it on Ebay and get a Hi Energy sump from American Auto Parts.. with pick up....then you wont lunch your $5000 engine...cheap insurance...I run one...never had a hiccup...over fill it by .5 litre..total...5.5 litre....
R

#3 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

As Rory said sell that one & get the best one you can afford high energy sump as it's not worth risking an engine when there is a much better product for a few hunderd bucks more.Star Performance is much cheaper if you have a good exchange sump.

#4 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:13 PM

Thanks guys, I rang American Autos today, and they want a bit over $300 for the Hi Energy one (Do you know if they're baffled?)
And where do I contact Star Performance? Who are they?

#5 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

Rocket Industries.It is the place I normally end up going to as he tends to be a little bit cheaper but usually willing to help out.It is located at Regatta Rd.Five Dock.

In mine I have the Eliminator Pan,good quality & well designed.

here is a link to show high energy pans

#6 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:42 AM

Excellent, thanks mate! I will look into it!

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:45 PM

Go with the SuperPan, totally baffled with crank sraper as well as pick up....the best...by the way...the dipstick on your other one is on the wrong side...just FYI.
R

Edited by rorym, 12 August 2006 - 02:47 PM.

#8 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

the dipstick on your other one is on the wrong side...just FYI.

Hahaha ok, thanks mate...100% wont be using that one anyway, but thanks! I didnt realise how expensive a sump was. I mean, i didnt expect it to be dirt cheap, but sheeesh... :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users