XU1 with Charger Engine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _sam202_

_sam202_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

I am looking at buying an LC XU1 which is currently fitted with a charger engine. According to the owner this car was once "Tasmanian Street Car" of the year. Its currently located in Tasmania. Does anyone know anything about this car? It has apparently spent quite a lot of time at Symmons Plains Race track. Its also red in colour if that helps.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

charger engine??? slant 6??? was contemplating this a while back. have you got pictures.

#3 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

^ Its a bit like saying a torrie engine, 1.9L or 5L. The charger came out with the low compression 215ci six up to the 360v8, no slant six Im afraid, that stopped at the VF. Possibly the e38 or e49 engine is what may be under the bonnet.....265 hemi with triple webers.

#4 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

have seen a purple lc gtr with a hemi 6 with triple webers, thing ran an 11 or 12 1/4 mile! Was a weapon. Looks unreal too!

A1

#5 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

After castlereagh closed down in syd the only track to race a quarter mile was the straight at oran park, i owned an lc gtr with a 202 triples headwork cam the usual stuff, line up against an lj xu1 with slant 6 and triples, it blew the doors off me and 2 other torries on the day.

#6 _sam202_

_sam202_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

I am not to sure what type of charger engine is in it. The owner and another bloke I have met on my xu-1 buying hunt say it is a genuine but neither will give me any details. The car has been sitting in a paddock in the middle of nowhere for the last 9 years. The owner doesn't want to sell it (he is a real horder) but his mother tells me its quite well known and he has all the plates and original motor. I was thinking that with such a strange engine transplant someone may know somehing about it. He also has a Mazda R100 sitting in the paddock near it (also in poor condition). I was thinking that if someone remembered it and could confirm it was an XU-1 I would go out and offer him some cash for it.

#7 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

yeah but the slant 6s are pretty farkin heavy ive been told, would need to mount it a bit further back then the 202. but ive heard awesome Hp figures from em. CHEERS Chris :rockon:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users