Next weekend (Saturday April 1st) a friend of mine is running an awesome period type race event at 'Wilby Park', a little track near the border of NSW/VIC.
17190379_1325177620883343_432175429488310020_n.jpg 77.08K 4 downloads
Basic rundown is:
- Pretty cheap day to flog your classic car around a track
- Low-pressure driving environment, perfect first track day for anyone
- Sprint/time-trial type configuration, no door-to-door racing, good for nice/valuable cars or timid drivers.
- Small event with generous track time
- All models of Torana accepted including UC, but need to be period style (No to big diameter modern wheels, chrome mountains out the bonnet and house of kolor, Yes to drop tanks, roll cages, 15x10"s, etc.)
- Not just Toranas obviously, vintage cars, old race specials, whatever you and your mates have as long as it fits the outlines on the website. Gotta be period stuff
- Everything in the pits will be cool and old, no tow cars ruining photos.
- Camping at the track Friday night (the best shit)
- Catering available (need to opt-in on the entry form)
A few Toranas from the forum are entered, I'm taking my 911 if I get the motor back in it soon, working my arse off ATM. Very excited.
Edited by Heath, 08 March 2022 - 10:33 AM.