starting problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _lurkin308_

_lurkin308_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:42 PM

i have a lc 308 and it has 10.5 to 1 and it wont start i have had it running a handful of times now it wont turn over even if i hot wire on the starter motor it ive got fuel and spark it seems it wont turn fast enough what is any ones thoughts cheers caine

#2 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:11 PM

my worked 202 has this problem, just wouldnt turn quick enough to start. i replaced the starter and it was all good.

This may or maynot be the same problem you have.

I think if you have a battery in the boot with a long cable it can slow it down also.

,nathan

#3 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

like what was said above...starter motor

if you dont no if its any good get it checked, if its not good get a high torque mini starter, something with more balls than a standard one..

i put one of those on my stock 308 commy and it turns over so fast its not funny !!.

and also yes if your battery is in the boot just try and get leads and have the battery at the front of the car... just so you can start to eliminate things...

there are alot of people that have a lot more compression then that and they still start but change things like starter motors and bigger cranking amp batteries, cables..so on

process of elimination..takes time but fix it properly so that way when you drive it doesnt let you down

#4 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

Before u go pullin starters out,
Have u got ur battery in the boot??
if so Where is the earth? Mounted from the battery to the body, Have u got another earth mounted from the starter/block to the body again

I had the same prob with my Hatch, engine would barely swing, Then ran another earth and Zooom she took off.

If ur battery is in the bay, Check it for charge And then if no good chuck another starter in

Cheers :spoton:

#5 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

when my starter had this problem, i pulled battery from boot and hooked it up in eng bay, all properly, it helped a bit but didnt solve the problem, still a slow turn over.

Try it though.

Like green machine says ^^ chek out all the earth cables and change

good luck! :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users