Torana love

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:23 AM

man what can i say wish i was around when toranas first came out nothing beats a genuine torrie l34s a9xs just the look and the sound make u smile from ear 2 ear i went to the all holden day at claredon and almost cried at the beasts that where there good 2 c people keep them genuine and in good nick most weekends i get drunk and watch the a9x dvd with brocky and wish i could own 1 or even knew someone with one todays cars have nothing on them and all true torana lovers know what i mean anyway i was sitting here thinking what it would be like 2 have 1 and just wanted 2 say how i fell about the cars . im drunk atm but yea if anyone could id pay for a crusise just 2 sit in the passneger seat in a l34 or a9x plz the cars just sooth my soul id do anything

#2 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

Toddles - what are you drinking mate! I want some he he!! Good point mate, the classics melt my heart too, but we cant ALL have one eh!

Cheers (bottoms up)
Keith

#3 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:56 AM

yeah mate jimbeam does the job na serious man they are awsome cars i could just look at one all day what i would do 2 get 1 man those who have them are lucky men/women thing that sucks i wish i bought one ages ago when the where a reasonable price but mates and that said get a commodore tell me about regrets in life so now ill sit here drinking dreaming about it like where does a 22 year old get 110k for a good a9x ? no offence but who buys a uc :)

Edited by toddles, 12 August 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#4 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:20 AM

sounds like it has been an al-nighter... way to go mate.

#5 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:41 AM

Has now "toddled" off to bed, zzzzzzzzzzzz. Ouch my head will hurt!!

#6 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

Nice work Toddles. Your enthusiasm is most welcome! :spoton:

#7 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

Hey nothing against the L34's or A9X's but the SL/R5000 are the go, just
remember where the L34's & A9X's have originated from.

cheers Keith

#8 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:34 AM

snip

im drunk atm but yea if anyone could id pay for a crusise just 2 sit in the passneger seat in a l34 or a9x plz the cars just sooth my soul id do anything

Mate there are a good number of S/L Toranas here that the average person would not pick from an A9X or L34, they look as good, go as hard and sound the same.

I am betting if you were not told that such and such a car is not an A9X you would not pick it. Or be able to pick the genuine A9X from just sitting in the passengers seat.

Of course if you are very familiar with Toranas and their intricasies (spelling?) then you might pick the difference but never if you were blindfolded and just sat in the passengers seat and told to touch nothing :)
So how much do you want to pay to sit in a Torry lol

Herne

#9 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:48 AM

I paid about $13,000 to sit in mine ?

#10 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

Great stuff toddles, and WELCOME!!! to the forums, you dont have to own an A9X or L34 or XU1 to have a great Torry, (but it would be nice), to be honest they really didnt make a bad Torry. Some are better then others, it all comes down to what you like. There are plenty of 6 cyl Torries around that would kick my V8 SS's arse, big deal!!!, I remember a little HB Torana given to some brothers from my area from there Aunty, they turned it into a 350 chev powered monster, you will get a Torry if your as passionate (sober lol) as you sound , so go for it !! and when you get it, there are plenty of people here can give you some great advise ,if you need.Now go find the Panadol and we will catch ya!!

#11 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

where does a 22 year old get 110k for a good a9x ? no offence but who buys a uc :)

UC's are top cars with thier upgraded suspension and ....... well the SL/X 6cly hatch looked the goods. No they are a good car, arn't they, yeah the UC its alright, no really.

poor UC, got a complex about it eh?

#12 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

hi toddles,

when u sober up, if u remember that u have been here, where r u from??

#13 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

Yea cheers guys water is good yea ill get another 1 just at the all holden day looking at a green L34 there dreaming everytime i get drunk i watch the torana dvds and look at sites on the net But yea maybe a good ss 2 door or a nice Slr is possible i had a 4.2 slr with a 4 speed was just a awsome car but yea imagine growing up when the where brand new :) anyway im gonna start drinking again ull probally c another post late tonght um im northwest a place called oakville

#14 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

^ have one for me as im working tonight.
Cheers.

#15 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:38 PM

ALX76 , I reckon he will, hehe.

#16 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

I took a couple of (um) DVDs over to work today and as it was such a nice day thought I'd give the SS a little run. We are having a plant upgrade and have some Kiwi welders over doing the work. They are like robots and are the go for stainless steel work but two were out having a smoko when I got there. First thing one said was pop the hood and let us have a look. Said it sounded nice and I should take him for a spin before they go back. But now was a good a time as any and we'll only be 5 minutes.
Out on the highway and back to work - he was stoked. He even rang his missus (she is here too) and drove past. Was strange to have a 30 year old kid like that in the car.
And I did nothing wrong - couple of dollars worth of petrol and not much rubber - was my pleasure.

Sometimes life is good.

#17 _efi-202_

_efi-202_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:51 PM

i dreamed about owning a torana for years in my childhood. no experience in mechanics but i bought one for my first car because i had the dream to own one. now ive rebuilt and engine dabbled in body work and love every second! they can be a cheap project car and pleanty of fun! i say go buy one with a warm engine, or if your serious about a restoration find a granny car and build from scratch.

may i add that im 22 and only spent bout $5k but lots of the girls love the rumble (and vibration) lol. its not what anyone expects when they hear the noise :D

#18 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

Woot drinking again lol just watched that a9x dvd brocky owned in 79 won buy 8 laps and broke the lap record and a9xs 1-8

#19 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

Gday Toddles.

Take a breather, dude. Try pressin the little button between the ',' and the '?'.

Its a great tool.

Catchya, RIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users