skyline borgwarner center

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

hey guys just adding a bit more fat to this question as the diff i had lined up fella through im now looking around again for a whole diff! so the new question is does the skyline with the 3.7 gearing have a limited slip centre and would it be 4 pinion? its a long shot but i was just wondering.
cheers guys
ben

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

Unlikely that any skline was LSD except the GTS
4 pinion I'm not sure on

#3 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

O well i guess ill just go get a new centre from wa diffs exactly how i want it brand new instead of buying two diffs for parts wich will end up costing the same anyway. cheers dattoman.

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

why dont you just go to the wreckers and have a look first, you can spot a 4 pinion with the cover off.
or ring nissan spare parts and ask.
skyline being what they are i would be suprised if they wernt.

#5 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

only the gts was 4 pinion lsd. :D

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

^ that would have to jack the price up a bit.

#7 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

cheers guys that helps i will see what that will cost me. its 1100 just for the carrier and diff gears alone so if its at least half that it might b worth looking into it more. gts centre it is!

#8 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

I have found 2 R31 manual skyline 3.7 B/W gears sets that were 4 pinion 28 spline LSD.

Out of all the 3.89 (R31 auto) & 4.11 (pintara) B/W diff that i've used gearsets from, only 2 were LSD's.

Dont know if they were specced up or if someone else had converted them, but they appeared to be original non reco'd diffs.

Normally i use the required gear sets & use an LSD centre from a VN on commy or an EA falcon onwards.

Would be easier finding an Aussie LSD B/W, then having it rebuilt with the gear ratio that you want once your housing mods have been made. (i'm guessing that your converting the housing for a torry, i didnt pick up on the rest of the thread)

#9 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

THe R31 Skyline 'Silhouette' came with LSD as standard (and probably the GTS as well). Other skyline varieties could have been optioned with an LSD diff, but this would have been uncommon.

#10 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

yeh that the go mate, to shorten it for the lc. i didnt no that even that falcons had them too. shouldnt b hard to find then at all. think i might have a 4 pin centre from a silhouete lined up but well see how that goes..
cheers guys
ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users