GOVERNMENT MONEYS FOR FITTING GAS

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

this is ridiculous why the hell would anybody want to go to the gas is i have no idea sure it may seem cheap but itl take years before u end up saving on the installation fees and when this day comes you will need another heap out of the fat tin to get a whole new motor as gas is way too hot for the combustion engine and destroys internals and engines !!!

if this keeps up could we see a further declination of the hand full of v8s out there??

#27 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

I was planning on getting a gas conversion in the next couple of months anyway so to me this is great news. I haven't looked but I've heard that all the details are on the centrelink site.

#28 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:46 AM

As I understand it here in the West we get a state grant of $1000 and a federal grant of $2000.
If this is correct i might get a gas research twin throttle body system for the LJ, as well as fitting a standard jobbie to the ute.
is it just one grant per family or per car?
Does the gas conversion include fitting of hardened valve seats as well?
Is it worthfitting a cam suited to gas?
Cheers, M.

#29 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

^ dont know about the ins and outs of rebates but prices for fitting would not include any internal mods to your motor and yes modding the motor with a cam and any other suited mod will always give better returns in performance and/or economy as with any combination.

#30 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:33 PM

Any suggestions then for a gas cam for the mitey 25flea?
And I also hears that regraphing ur dizzy makes a big difference.

So will they cover the cost of a top end lube kit then i wonder?
Will have to ring up the shop and find out.
M.

#31 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:05 AM

Any suggestions then for a gas cam for the mitey 25flea?
And I also hears that regraphing ur dizzy makes a big difference.

So will they cover the cost of a top end lube kit then i wonder?
Will have to ring up the shop and find out.
M.

you might want check out some old/start a new thread on this but yes regraph dizzy/speak to installer to have this included in the bill otherwise no cover, same goes for any other bolt ons like lube kits, they will be conctered extras as they ase not a functioning part of the gas system.
as for cam sure ask around what works for other people but they dont have your motor so i cannot stress this enough, speak to a cam grinder and follow his advice, they will grind a cam especially for your needs if need be.
cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users