lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

it used to work fine in till the flywheel near fell off. I just put a new 202 in the gtr and can't get enough throw on the new clutch. I have a bigger diameter brass botton clutch this time. So i guess bigger means need more throw? Because if thats not the reason it's got my stuffed. So is there any easy way to get more throw from the rartrap?

#2 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

When you fit a new clutch plate the throw will always be shortened as in grab early close to the floor when releasing the clutch pedal, you can sometimes adjust it if the ball that the fork pivot's on screws out, thats what i had to do on my hydraulic set up but i'm not sure on the rarap though.

#3 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:12 PM

I had the same problem, with mine the pivot ball was pressed in, took me ages to work it free! After i got it out i had to sand it down so it went in easier, then put some washers under it to push it out a little. Box went in and out a few times trying to get the right amount of washers in there!

A1

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:24 PM

When I did mine I found the clutch fork was starting to bend,got a cast Dellow replacement. I also welded & grinded all the elongated holes in the rat trap set up to bring it back to factory.

It worked well untill it started snapping the balls off the clutch rod,then I had to go back to a modified 1 tonner clutch which had less pressure than the one it replaced.

Edited by gtrboyy, 14 August 2006 - 11:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users