m21 into lx

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _flukey77_

_flukey77_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

I've gotten my hands on a m21 which i plan to replace my trimatic with. All I have is the box, bellhousing, throwout bearing, flywheel, and a spigot bush that was used with an old 3 speeder. Bit novice I know, but there are a few things I am not sure about. Will the spigot bush fit the m21? Will I need a new tailshaft? I am also wondering where I can get a reasonable shifter with linkages, and a pedal box and clutch linkages. I am finding the pedal box particularly difficult to locate as there are nil to no lh/lx toranas at any of the local wreckers. Are these pedal boxes interchangeable with the hx? Cheers

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:59 PM

Spigot is interchangeable, tailshaft the same.

One way out of the clutch problem is to get a hydraulic setup out of HQ? but you would need a CRS clutch master cylinder mount and a Clutch pedal with pushrod to suit the spacer/mount...sometimes these kits come up on ebay and the trading post....but I would look further afield for the right bits.

I have a reasonable shifter for $40 if you are interested

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

^^ what is your location. you could try Dellows. dont know if they supply outright or exchance but i think they might have something for you in regards to pedals, linkages etc.
http://www.dellowauto.com.au/main.html

#4 _flukey77_

_flukey77_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:01 PM

Yeh, that sounds alright, probably exy though im guessin. Still better than nothin though i guess. And I'm in central qld, murphys law that they are in melbourne or sydney right? Thanks lads

#5 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

If you can spare the cash it would be wiser to get a new spigot. Only $5-7 at your holden dealer and they should have them on the shelf.

Another way with the clutch is to go for a Commodore cable. Not sure of all the info but I think you would need a C'dore bellhousing and a UC clutch pedal. Others may know more about this.

Oops - 2 typos

Edited by EXLXSL, 17 August 2006 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users