T5 INTO A LH

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

My LH 308 with turbo 350 trans has 1 5/8 primary pacemakers, i wanna fit a T5 to her, will these pipes leave me any room for my clutch linkages setup. Will the Turbo pattern to T5 bellhousing fit with these extractors, Could i get around the problem with a hydraulic setup.

Does the CRS trans mount to suit TH350 in LH fit the T5, and please tell me i will have to shorten my tailshaft to suit banjo diff, not lengthen.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

Edited by JNR_ATE, 16 August 2006 - 12:30 AM.

#2 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

Also, which pedal box do i want, does the UC pedal box fit into an LH and would it be a better setup for the clutch or do i have to use the rat trap LH/LX pedal box.
Help needed please.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#3 _oikurtman_

_oikurtman_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

T5? That's a borg warner box right? Can you get me a picture of it?

I think that's what i had in my SLR. It had a standard 6cyl rat-trap clutch assembly going into a dellow bellhousing and i'm pretty sure it had a shortened tailshaft (not 100% sure though).

One problem though. If this box i had is the same as yours, you are gonna have to butcher your floor pan. I didn;t do any of the work myself, i bought it with all this fitted, but the tunnel had the top cut out of it and a raised square top had been welded in.

Cheers.

#4 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

One problem though. If this box i had is the same as yours, you are gonna have to butcher your floor pan. I didn;t do any of the work myself, i bought it with all this fitted, but the tunnel had the top cut out of it and a raised square top had been welded in.

I would think that a T5 wouldn't require any floor/tunnel modifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users