5 replies to this topic

#1 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:07 PM

After reading the Sunday Age I was shocked that the new Commodore's have a black box, data recorders. GMH won't tell you this when they sell you one (unless you ask). If you have an accident in a new Commodore they (Insurance, Police, Accident Investigators) will retrieve this Data and if you we're doing anything wrong , are in BIG SHIET !!!, it will record your speed, if you we're braking, accelerating, whatever!!!. In the USA they are having huge dramas with the Insurance companies demanding this data, before settling any claim. If you were over the set speed limit and had an accident, and the Insurance get a hold of this data, you are screwed. What do you guys think ? Welcome to the future !!!

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

^^^^^ remind me again why i should buy a VE commodore. i wonder what would happen if you disabled this black box, completely by accident of course :spoton:

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:26 PM

yep holden have spent 1 billion dollars in this thing and about 6 years in the making...

after seeing my first one this weekend and sitting in the ss my personal opinion is that they must have spent the las 10 bucks on the outside looks as the body on the thing is way too chunky and fatt assed looking it has no vigorous shape and lacks excitement dont bother getting me started on it 4wd style ride height...

about the only thing thats likeable in the new commodores is the 6.0 litres of chevrolet muscle with the 6 speed autos

#4 _holdon_

_holdon_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:43 AM

do they record just the speed on impact or does it record several minutes before the "accident".

would this be enough to "prove" that you were breaking the law?

what if the car before the accident was aquaplaning, or had wheel spin and went over the speed limit - the insurance companies would jump to the conclusion that you were breaking the law and not cover you...... :blink:

im sure they are very high-tech and would be able to workout whether ^^ did happen...

#5 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:03 AM

makes you laugh..I would have thought if you owned the vehicle .. you owned the interlectual property rights to the vehicle as well, if this is true that the vehicles are merely a way for the powers to be to collate information surely we should get paid for the priviledge.

#6 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:11 AM

on the other hand .....here you are cruisin along in your 6 litre with a glove box full of harrop reciepts and some private school teacher in a landcruiser with the obligatory bull bar writes it off,i think youd need that sort of info against the old boys club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users