New Event For South Oz

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Keep an eye out for a new event coming to south oz.It will be the biggest event that street machining in south oz has ever had with all the driving events. dyno db drag racing etc etc.And over three days.

#2 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

:rockon:

more info please :clap:

you teaser you

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 22 August 2006 - 11:23 AM.

#3 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

sa needs more old-holden events, none of this drifting shizzat that plagues our adelaidien streets.

#4 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

i saw the same topic on the smasa site ad this additional info was there

'Ok, at minimun the new event will be a 2 day but am hopefull on a 3 day happening, as for venue we are still finalising this and should be able to disclose this info by early next month. we have been working on this show for over 18 months and wanted to bring some news to you guys and girls.We beleive it will be the best thing to happen in south oz for a long time and cant wait to show you ppl what we can put together. will keep every one updated as plans start coming together and we hope the event will happen late january 2007.
Regards les adams
STREET MACHINERS FOR STREET MACHINERS'

mmmm i will have ruby back on the road for this one :rockon:

also my birthday is on the 14th Jan, so can i suggest close to this date, PLEASE :clap:

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 27 August 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#5 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

OK here is the latest info,this event will be known as the Murray Bridge Autofest and we are finalising a multi year deal with the city.It will run on Australia Day weekend each year.The Council police and town leaders have been nothing but positive on all aspects of bringing this event to South Australia and i am sure that once you see what is going to be on offer for everyone to enjoy you will agree with what we have put together.The event will have driving events such as motakana tandem go to whoa burnout comp show n shine dyno comp db drag racing maybe a drift comp and of coarse a night time Jack party.I will keep you informed as we proceed with organising and Murray bridge Council will be releasing an offical press release in the near future witch i will post also.Entry forms will be released in the next month also.Check www.springcarnationals.com for updates as well.Thats it for now so if your interested in being part of this get your accomadation organised now.
Regards Les Adams

STREET MACHINERS FOR STREET MACHINERS

#6 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

I LOVE U, I LOVE U, I LOVE U. :clap:

Murray bridge, Yeee Hah :rockon:

Now I'm gunna have somewhere for my Birthday every year, WICKED.

I can feel the hangover allready :D

#7 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Events.

go to whoa yes
burnout comp yes
powerskid maybe
motorkana yes
drift comp maybe
dyno yes
drag racing no (dam it)
db drag racing yes
show n shine yes
cruise track maybe
supercruise hopefully

How would a Supercruise from wrigley park in Glenelg to Murray Bridge Be.
Maybe one of the local car clubs should pick this one up with help from a radio station how big could that be!

#8 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:24 AM

I think a super cruise mite just scare the locals a tad much :ZZZ: I would be happy just to get thru the 1st event smoothly so as 2 pave a smooth path to 2008. (thats my thoughts tho)

#9 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

A controlled cruise through the main street of Murray Bridge would be a good idea I reckon. Something along the lines of the Summernats Supercruise, when it used to be on Northbourne Avenue (not the crappy little cruise around the oval that it became), and what they used to do at the Mt Gambier show. Obviously you would need police attending at each intersection, and council support.

#10 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

A controlled cruise through the main street of Murray Bridge would be a good idea I reckon. Something along the lines of the Summernats Supercruise, when it used to be on Northbourne Avenue (not the crappy little cruise around the oval that it became), and what they used to do at the Mt Gambier show. Obviously you would need police attending at each intersection, and council support.

is that before or after all the defect stations?

#11 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

All the "show cars" will be on trailers anyway.

#12 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

^^^^ but if you remeber the comments coming out of summer nats the coppers and the RTA were getting the owners to remove the cars from the trailers and defecting them the moment they hit the ground, so even that wont make them safe

#13 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

If it was a true show car it would not be registered anyway.
So if the cops did pull that trick^^^^^^, it would acheive SFA.

Unfortunately it takes a brave organiser to try to satisfy the authority and maintain the interest of the entrants.

Then along comes the F*CKWIT and his hero mates who stuffs it for all.

We all know the type. Brain dead!!!

Bottom line is I wish the organisers the best off luck, if you can keep out the morons it will be a good show i'm sure.

#14 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

too true baron, i only hope the organisers take note from the summernats and make it a dry event, as these dickheads are usually full of sauce as well

#15 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

All of our events are alcohol free except the corporate erea and of coarse the jack daniels party

#16 rana72

rana72

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:35 PM

Being a Murray Bridge resident I say "Bring it on" Can't wait

Cheers Loui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users