Wattyl/Spartan Acrylic Thinners

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

Brisbane appears to completely dry of Spartan Acrylic Thinners. The manufactures in Sydney are apparently waiting on a solvent for their mix and all the shops up here are dry, which sux coz I've been using their thinners for the last year on my project. Any suggestions to another premium quality thinner that won't react badly?

I've learnt (the hard way) that if you use Aclac with anything it fries up almost immediately. :/

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

i know they say to stick with same brands but i would sample another and then go for it. personally have used no name general purpose thinners with many brand name paints for resprays but oviously stick with acryllic thinners for the best finish on top coat.

#3 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

If you can't get a hold of spartan thinners I also like Wattyl's premium thinners which I can't remember but I think they're called Class A thinners or C3 lacquer thinners.

Have you tried Colourfast auto? (07) 3800 8877 is the number

#4 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Had a ring around for the Wattyl type too but only found one place with 'general purpose'. Colourfast is a no go too - I just opted for Protects premium thinner. For $85 for 20L one can't complaint eh? (Unless my undercoats fry up then I bloody well can *waves fist in air)

Thanks chaps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users