LH won't start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _RCK-914_

_RCK-914_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

Ok I've done something here here but not sure what, I just replaced the motor had no problems it started and ran easy, when I was tightening the battery terminal I slipped with the spanner and bridged the terminals, not think I had caused any problems tried to start the car and it turned over but would not start, it has now drained the battery and even trying to jump start the car I get nothing more than dash lights, checked all the fuses 2 had blown relaced them but still nothing, tried to start it from the starter motor and got nothing but a few sparks, Im not sure what I've done other than burnt out some wirring, any idea's on this 1 please guys .

Cheer Chris

#2 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:55 PM

OMG I hope the spanner is alright :D Do you have an electronic dizzy, is there spark? Do you have an electric fuel pump, is it pumping?

#3 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:13 PM

Yup, what ^ said - you've probably caused a spike in the voltage to someting electrical, and killed it.

Tell us what non original electrical stuff the car has and exactly what fuses blew (including anythin aftermarket that's hooked up to those circuits, if you have an alarm or immobiliser etc, and we'll try to do some more accurate diagnosis.

As a start though, if the setup is dead stock, test if you are getting any spark at all. If not, try replacing the condensor (capacitor) inside the distributor. Although it's rare, these can fail, and when they do, they short the points out and stop any sparks from being produced.

#4 _RCK-914_

_RCK-914_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:39 PM

It's a stock wirring system, and I've got no spark, checked the points and they are burnt so will replace both the condensor and points and see how that goes, no need to worry about the spanner it's fine

#5 _RCK-914_

_RCK-914_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

Charged the battery over night,put in new points and condensor, she started easy, thanks guys.

Chris :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users