Sandown 500

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

Is anyone going to the Sandown 500 ??

If so, we're racing in one of the support events with our saloon car, probably being safe at the back of the pack (cos we race at mallala 2 weeks later & dont need a bent car), & Naomi's got to learn a new track.

Would be nice to meet a few members if you get a chance.

#2 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:54 PM

I was hoping to go, but I have to go back to Bendigo on friday. Im a bit shitty because it doesnt take long on the train from my place to Sandown

#3 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

I'm going for sure on the Sunday (with EHGIRL), not sure about Saturday yet. I take it your car would be around in the pit area somewhere?? We'll have to go for a walk through..

#4 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

have fun guys, ill watch in front of my tv :) got HRT. hehe. ill be at mallala tho :)

#5 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

I will be there on Sunday, how do I ID you or your car to say HI??

Regards
Duck05

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

I'm going to go against the grain here and say "GO LOWNDES!!!!!" hehehe

#7 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:54 AM

We get a practice & qualifying Friday, 2 races in on Saturday, & 1 early Sunday, 9.00 Sunday from what i know. Saloon cars is the class we race in.

Well be in a separate marquee somewhere out the back in the support pits.

Our car is a blue VN commodore No 91, driven by my wife, Naomi Maltby.

Hopefully the car stays reasonably straight & that we'll still be around the pit area until the start of the main race, then we'll be off watching the Holden's win.

Hopefully we can meet a few people over the weekend.

Edited by Toranamuk, 29 August 2006 - 12:56 AM.

#8 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:58 PM

Hey Toranamuk! We came through the pits late this morning, saw the car there... it still looked nice and straight! Bummer no one was around, but we were rushing around anyway. How did your wife go over the weekend??

PS. As for the V8 race - how good were the last couple of laps! Some pretty hot racing with the Kelly's trying to get past!

#9 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

Sorry we were'nt around to meet you LXCHEV, we'd probly snuck off to watch some racing before we could load the car up & headed off home (8hrs towing).

Met a few people over the weekend & had a great weekend overall, even with the lovely Melbourne weather.

Our Sunday morning race was wet, which slowed things down a bit, although the front guys make it look so easy.

We did'nt stick around for the main race, it sounds like it was a interesting race to watch though, will watch it on fox sports instead.

Less than 2 weks until the V8 fujitsu round at Mallala which we'll be racing at as well, with the saloon & the AU V8.

#10 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:59 AM

Very entertaining watching the saloon cars throwing it very sideways through Dandy road corner during the warm up laps :spoton:

#11 _Poinsdexter_

_Poinsdexter_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

Howdy,

Toranamuk - how did you like the big long straights at Sandown? You're right Heinrich does make it look easy, very smart operator

I will be at Fujitsu round for a look, probably Sunday. Didn't get to Sandown, was at QR for the CAMS Nationals with F3. Our cars get about 1 foot off the ground down the main straight.

Will have a run this Saturday - regular Mallala practise day.

PD

#12 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

hi guys did anybody see the two hatchbacks in the pits there was an orange chev powered one as part of the burn out display and a brown one that was on display as well but not doing burnouts.

#13 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:36 PM

I did see the 2 hatches, but only while we were in the form up grid.

Late Saturday i saw 1 of the burnout demo's. Not a bad demo at all !!!!!

Tough Gemini sedan & nice HK/T/G panel van too !!!!!!!!!!!!! (nice paint) :spoton:

The long straights are cool according to Naomi, she just didn't like turn 1.

Took until race 2 to feel comfortable with it, then race 3 it rained. :furious:

The further in the race 3 Sunday morning went, the more the car was under steering & uncomfortable to drive the car was.

Bloody Melbourne weather !!!! :rolleyes:

Too many of the saloon guys make it look easy, but this is our first year in circuit racing with our own car & with Naomi driving, so i feel we've come a long way in a very short time, & I'm very happy with our progress so far.

Edited by Toranamuk, 04 September 2006 - 10:40 PM.

#14 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:28 PM

Well done guys, sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

I can appreciate how much effort goes into running at these sort of events, not to mention all the travel time....

I'm hoping to run at a couple of Vic events next year, not expecting any big results, I just want to get out and race my car and enjoy running at some of the great tracks Australia has to offer... :spoton:

Look forward to hearing more about your adventures

cheers,

Sam

Edited by 350LH, 04 September 2006 - 11:29 PM.

#15 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

Dave mentioned the other night that he wouldn't mind a trip across the border into Vic for a run around another track. We had a bit of a discussion as to which would be better Phillip Island or Sandown. Will have to give it more thought come next yaer and go over as a group, that would be great don't you think :spoton:

#16 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:05 AM

Dave mentioned the other night that he wouldn't mind a trip across the border into Vic for a run around another track. We had a bit of a discussion as to which would be better Phillip Island or Sandown. Will have to give it more thought come next yaer and go over as a group, that would be great don't you think :spoton:

Yeah that would be wicked! I reckon both tracks would be awesome to drive on - maybe Phillip Island would be a bit more hairy speed wise - def torana friendly though...haha

We'll have to get together for a few beers and discuss!

#17 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

Mallala from friday, cars now ready (again) ,,,,,

Hope to see a few people out there.

Glad to be racing again, feel free to come & say HI.

Edited by Toranamuk, 14 September 2006 - 12:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users