If you hear a noise...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hey guys,

I recently had my UC in at a suspension place 3 times to remove the squeak that wouldnt go away. And its still there. It went away for a while after the last time, but has returned.

My tie-rod ends were buggered, so they were replaced. And the hub they sit in was shagged too, so they were replaced. That removed 1 part of the noise, but there's still a squeak there.

The squeak started late last year (coincidentally just after i had my car re-sprayed), and progressively got worse. With the tie-rod ends covered, and cash pouring from my wallet as it always seems to do - i decided to get underneath and find this bugger myself.

If you hear a squeak after your car's been sprayed, check your shocks for overspray dust/paint residue. The shock has plenty of it, and after a bit of paitience and persistance, my squeak is now non existant.

Just thought i'd pass on this information.

Cheers
Keith

#2 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

Good bit of info there Keith. Nothing worse thank after shelling out the $$$ to find the noise is still there

#3 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, its not cheap to have 3 wheel alignments after each bit of work... My poor car wont know which way it wants to steer....

Cheers
Keith

#4 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Top advice. probably the last thing most people would look at for squeaks

Edit: So what is fords excuse for the squeeking front ends???

Edited by ChiaLX, 30 August 2006 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users