Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:57 PM

G'day All

Just thought I would share this cool monster powered ute info with you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

At the Holden vs Ford show this weekend (just gone), Eddy Tassones VZ Commodore ute made 1899rwhp, which is a new world record. The car has a 383 stroker V8 (based on the old Holden 5.0L block) with twin turbos, custom cam and manifold using 40psi and C16 fuel. Apparently they backed off before the redline because the engine was leaning out due to the fact it was not tuned properly (they only put the engine together the day before the event), so it only revved to 6500rpm, and the dyno graph indicates it will keep going. Summernats, here we come.
The dyno sheet below was taken after the second run, the third run was 1898.9rwhp

Maybe I should have squeazed this bit of brute force into my LC instead of getting the original motor reco'd.

Regards .......................... Barry

#2 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

holycrap!! respect.

looks like some effort has been put into apperance too. symmetrical.

#3 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:28 AM

Wasn't this the one where they had the air temp programmed in wrong so it was only really a 1300hp run? I've read that somewhere about Tassone's ute, but it might have been a different show to this one.

Edited by Liam, 30 August 2006 - 09:29 AM.

#4 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

The numbers are surely impressive...
But it always makes me wonder why a bloke like Eddie with all his years of experience would build a motor like that and then do a full power pull with out having it "tuned" properly?
I mean , why risk it.. tune it properly first.. or do you think, like I do, that they arte sandbagging? and it has a fair bit more in it!!! :clap:

Cheers Greg..

#5 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:06 PM

love to go down te 1/4 in that thing

imagine a engine like that into a lc lj coupe would be insanely fun at the lights against a fraud

#6 355LX

355LX

Long Term Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:01 AM

I remember seeing Eddie's commodore when it had the twin turbo's and the 383 on board one night at the drags. He screwed up the launch cos it just jumped sideways, and ended up sitting on the line for about half a second after straightning it up, rolled off and then the thing came on boost and POW, it just took off, to cruise through the traps for a high 10!!

For a messed up run, it was really something impressive to watch!!

Dave

#7 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

Take a look at this thread...

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=8357

It's been dicussed...

All credit for a tough engine, but the air temp sensor read 200 degrees.. which factored in a MASSIVE increase in power that wasnt there.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users