derrin71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Name:Derrin
  • Car:LX Hatchback, Holden Colorado. Mini Clubman S

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:52 PM

Hi all. Just looking at options for insurance. Shannons only value my LX Hatch at $46,000 due to the fact that it was built as a 4 cyl sunbird back in 1977?

I have got a quote from Ryno for a $90,000 value for $568 per year. About $100 more than Shannons. The extra $100 doesn't worry  me.

Anyone have any experience with Ryno, good or bad?

Derrin.

#2 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 21 September 2021 - 04:03 PM

Only $100 over Shannon's asking price for double the value sounds like good value, if their reputation stacks up.

#3 73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Name:JASO
  • Car:4/73 LJ XU-1. Adelaide build, Sunburst. 1963 EH Premier. Brisbane build, Portsea Blue.
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:26 PM

Hi all. Just looking at options for insurance. Shannons only value my LX Hatch at $46,000 due to the fact that it was built as a 4 cyl sunbird back in 1977?
I have got a quote from Ryno for a $90,000 value for $568 per year. About $100 more than Shannons. The extra $100 doesn't worry  me.
Anyone have any experience with Ryno, good or bad?
Derrin.

Lets be honest... as you say, your hatchback is a 1977 Built Sunbird 4 Cyl.
Shannons are probably only insuring that vehicle based on that. No matter what you may have spent on it. (Over capitalising)

I've had my own discussions with shannons as to how they determine the insurable value of these cars, given the fact prices are rising.

I was advised, "Just because you may have paid or spent big dollars on a car, does not necessarily mean, the car would be insured for that value." Shannons determine each agreed value on a case by case basis.

I agree with Daves comment, you will have to wait & see as to how the policy of Ryno stacks up at Crunch time.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users