1970 HOLDEN MONARO 350 GTS HT 4 SALE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _used2have1_

_used2have1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:38 PM

Check this out

I didnt know Holden built cars in South Africa.

Edited by used2have1, 02 September 2006 - 01:42 PM.

#2 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:58 PM

They didnt they were Aussie ones sent over also gt/s and all sorts of cars that we should have had in Aus but for some reason the powers that be decided that we couldnt have them here , TREX

#3 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

i was always under the impression that GMH built some cars in australia with the pure intention of exporting them just the same as f%8d also did with theirs falcons and other models, youll probably find that if the seller was to supply you the vin number it would probably have been built in Australia. nice car and very cheap, if you could win it at this price even once you added the price of importation it would probably still be very cheap. ive heard its not that much to import a car from the USA and i dont suppose it would be any more to send it over from South Africa

#4 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

I know that there are quite a few being bought over , but i am not quite sure about them haveing all our tags i beleive that there is some missing as they didnt need them in STH Africa , TREX

#5 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

Shipped to SA then assembled I believe

Many GT Fairmonts went there........ and are coming back as GTHO's

#6 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

Hi Guys.

Many Holdens were exported to South Africa as both fully built-up cars & also CKD (completely knocked down) kits & assembled in the GM SA factory in Port Elizabeth. They were badged & sold as either Holdens or Chevrolets, as the Chev brand was more well known in SA. Many of the SA assembled cars have different or less ID plating than Aust made cars. This applies to the Fords as well.

Holden officially exported whole cars to over 80 countries over the years & also had assembly plants in 5 countries. These are New Zealand, South Africa, Indonesia, The Philipines & would you believe, Trinidad.

Dr Terry.

#7 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

I like it!

I think HG350 has one? Someone here does...

A1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users