Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

hay all.

finally took my hj for a blast yesterday arvo. goes like the clappers. it was getting abit late so i put my low beams on then bit later put my highs on then there was no lights at all when i went from low to high. but lows worked again when i dipped them.

are there any faults normally associated with the floor dipper that sounds like my problem. or would it be the relay or somthing. its got a prem fornt end.

got to love the sound of the 350 sounds so good girlfriends perants could hear me pull on to the 3 roads before there place hehehehehehe :tease: :D :spoton:

love it

#2 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Car:74 LH SL

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

i would say it is definately the floor dipper, when these things go, they usually take ouit the high beams
simple fix, and readily available, not much either (cost)
give it a try, but this would be, and always has been my first port of call with this problem
cheers
dave

#3 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

The dipper switch is the prime suspect, also check the wiring going to the dipper switch, it can work loose because your left foot is always on the mat over the top of it.

#4 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

There shouldnt be any relay involved in your HJ, but if someone has upgraded the system then that is a possibility. Otherwise the dipper switch is your most likely cause of the prob, reverse the connections for high and low at the switch(brown and green wires), if the highs work and the lows dont, switch is the culprit.

#5 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

thanks guys ill go and do as you said devil's yeha i just made the assumption that there was a relay on the hj cause the torrie had one and thats what was wrong when light on the torrie died but now i know thanks.

thnaks to surfmaster and dave aswell:spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users